Super Contributor

Re: Any ladies here ever been in a relationship with a younger man?

My husband is five years, 9 months younger. An earlier post, I think, stated husband was six years younger and they didn't like the same music, movies, etc. Hmmm? My husband and I are the same generation. We know the same music, movies, tv shows, etc.

I dated a few younger than myself, usually drew the line at 10 years, though I did date one eleven years younger.

I think when there are more than ten years difference, it starts to show when you are aging.

Super Contributor

On 8/26/2014 birddrops said:

My husband is five years, 9 months younger. An earlier post, I think, stated husband was six years younger and they didn't like the same music, movies, etc. Hmmm? My husband and I are the same generation. We know the same music, movies, tv shows, etc.

I dated a few younger than myself, usually drew the line at 10 years, though I did date one eleven years younger.

I think when there are more than ten years difference, it starts to show when you are aging.

I agree with the bolded statement above. 8 years is still the same generation. And anyway, knowing the same pop culture references is really the least of my concerns, lol!

Super Contributor

On 8/26/2014 Colonel Meow said:
On 8/26/2014 birddrops said:

I agree with the bolded statement above. 8 years is still the same generation. And anyway, knowing the same pop culture references is really the least of my concerns, lol!

Oh, I totally agree Colonel. I was referring to the poster who stated there was 5 1/2 years difference and she didn't know or like the song My Generation by The Who, I am guessing. I'm now wondering if the 5 1/2 years was just a typo.

Honored Contributor

When I was young, most were a few years younger, and my Mother was thirteen years older than my Dad.

Regular Contributor

When I was 36 I went out with a guy that was 20. (We met in a grocery store). When he came to pick me up, my 16 year old son informed me that the guy had just broken up with my son's classmate!

Honored Contributor

Before I met my DH I was about 34 and I was involved with a 25 year old, it was fun for a while, he did not live close and we ended up breaking up

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

On 8/27/2014 celeste27 said:

When I was 36 I went out with a guy that was 20. (We met in a grocery store). When he came to pick me up, my 16 year old son informed me that the guy had just broken up with my son's classmate!

Sorry, this story made me laugh.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I'm 66 & he just turned 57. Works for us.

Super Contributor

Just another thought for the OP. Relationships are never, imo, a "waste of time" as you say. We can learn something from even the worst of them (hopefully) and who knows where they may lead or who else they may lead you to? Maybe he has an older brother? {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Anyway I wouldn't "over think" it. Relax and enjoy and if you're as "independent" and willing to pay as you say you are then just go ahead and treat him when something is beyond his budget. If he's a great guy otherwise then it's only money!

Super Contributor

AGE does not matter imo