Respected Contributor

Re: Any ladies here ever been in a relationship with a younger man?

My late hubby was 9 years younger and we were a perfect match. So much comes in to play, more so than age. Background and interests, maturity and self-assuredness and of course personal needs. Only you can decide in the different places you are is something that can add to the relationship ultimately or will destroy it.

Super Contributor

On 8/25/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

Colonel Meow, how long have you been dating him? I ask because when I started dating my husband there were several things that made me think that maybe we weren't right for each other. Now it wasn't age but it was things I considered important and I just didn't think we would work despite my chemistry with him. The more time I spent with him, the less I thought about those things.

I will tell you this. If you start to think about the age thing more with time instead of less, then I think that might be a good sign it isn't something you can get over.

We've been together about 3 months. My favorite thing about him is that he is crazy about me, lol! He is supportive, funny, uplifting, smart, well-read, etc.

The reason I say that we are in different places is because he is fresh out of college and still trying to find his career/place in the world. He still lives with a gaggle of roommates and has no real roots.

Also (and I hate to say this), his standard of living is considerably less than mine. This means that we can rarely participate in activities that I enjoy (nice dinners out, travel, entertainment, etc) unless I foot the bill.

Respected Contributor

I've dated men anywhere from 10 years older to 15 years younger. In all honesty, I also found the much younger men to be in a different place in life than I was. Most of those relationships didn't last longer than a year.

However, when I was 23 I did meet someone who was a few months short of his 19th birthday. While that's a pretty big difference at that age, we had a lot in common. Although the romantic part of the relationship didn't last long, we are still really good friends 35 years later.

Honored Contributor

Well, at least he's legal.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/25/2014 Colonel Meow said:

Colonel Meow, how long have you been dating him? I ask because when I started dating my husband there were several things that made me think that maybe we weren't right for each other. Now it wasn't age but it was things I considered important and I just didn't think we would work despite my chemistry with him. The more time I spent with him, the less I thought about those things.

I will tell you this. If you start to think about the age thing more with time instead of less, then I think that might be a good sign it isn't something you can get over.

We've been together about 3 months. My favorite thing about him is that he is crazy about me, lol! He is supportive, funny, uplifting, smart, well-read, etc.

The reason I say that we are in different places is because he is fresh out of college and still trying to find his career/place in the world. He still lives with a gaggle of roommates and has no real roots.

Also (and I hate to say this), his standard of living is considerably less than mine. This means that we can rarely participate in activities that I enjoy (nice dinners out, travel, entertainment, etc) unless I foot the bill.

I totally understand what you mean. He is just starting his professional life you are a bit into yours. He was just doing beer bongs a couple of years ago and still might be, lol. Nothing wrong with that but it just is. It isn't a huge age difference at all but where you are in life is a little bit bigger of a difference.

I think after 3 months if you are still asking yourself this, then you kind of know. There is no reason he can't be someone you have fun with though as long as he knows that.

Whatever you choose, good luck.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor

On 8/25/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

Well, at least he's legal.

Thanks for looking on the bright side, Kitty! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

My husband is 6 years younger. We met when he was 23 and I was 29. It was never an issue
Super Contributor

On 8/25/2014 Colonel Meow said:

I totally understand what you mean. He is just starting his professional life you are a bit into yours. He was just doing beer bongs a couple of years ago and still might be, lol. Nothing wrong with that but it just is. It isn't a huge age difference at all but where you are in life is a little bit bigger of a difference.

I think after 3 months if you are still asking yourself this, then you kind of know. There is no reason he can't be someone you have fun with though as long as he knows that.

Whatever you choose, good luck.

This! LOL! You get it!

Honored Contributor

Colonel Meow, you're the Cougar Meow. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

24?

He's a child