Valued Contributor

Any good after Christmas clearance buys?

I have not ventured out yet but I hear Walmart has their electric blankets all for $25 now. I don't need more paper or bows or anything. News has said clothing should be deep clearanced since it didn't sell well over the Christmas shopping season.

Anybody find some good deals anywhere?

Honored Contributor

Re: Any good after Christmas clearance buys?

I went out yesterday and I was very disappointed. I was hoping to find some real good deals on Christmas things. Most stores I went into had practically nothing left as far as decorations. I had to go in Target any way, but I always know that they have practically nothing left as far as Christmas things. I got nothing in there pertaining to Christmas. They had already taken down all the individual Christmas cards and were putting up Valentine ones! Sheesh. In a rush much???

I got a few nice candles and ornaments in Pier One. They were 50%.

Dollar Tree was very picked over. But I did get several rolls of paper for $.50 each.

Kohl's was another disappointment. Usually, I find some really good things there but they were extremely picked clean. I got 2 ornaments.

My last stop was Michaels --- and it should have been my first! I went in just to get a storage box and - wow! That place was awesome. They had a ton of Christmas things for 70%! By that time, I was exhausted and had very little money left. I did get a lovely wreath which was $34.99 - 70% off! I also got some pretty candles, candy, doilies, and few other little odds and ends - all 70% off.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

Happy for you that you were able to find at least a few deals Angel. I don't really need any of the Christmas ""stuff"" so I don't know if it's even worth going and looking. They keep saying on the news that their will be deep discounts on clothing items but I haven't seen any of that yet. The electric blankets were a fantastic deal since I didn't get them before Christmas because there were just too many other things more important at the time.

Honored Contributor

I did buy a couple of tops in Kohl's as I had a gift card. But I really didn't see any buys on clothing there that were any different than usual.

I wanted to get to Macy's and the Bon-Ton and a few other places, but I just ran out of steam.

People were really out in droves though. It was a pretty nice day so I think that added to it too!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I was out and found good deals on clothing.

As far as Christmas stuff goes, I think the trend is no longer to have it only on sale the day after Christmas as it used to be years ago and hanging around in the store. It is now marked down during December.

Honored Contributor

I found wall calendars at 50% off. I also got two pairs of slacks at Boscov's (one at 60% and the other at 30% off). All great buys.

I never shop at Kohl's or Target. But I love Macy's and Bon-Ton. The closest Macy's is about 45 miles away so didn't go there yesterday.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Valued Contributor

THanks for the idea to look for calendars Anika! I haven't gotten a good 2015 calendar yet and businesses just do not give them away anymore like in the olden days LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

I ventured out yesterday to Target but they were still in the process of marking items down.I didn't see any deep discounts and the store wasn't busy.

All Christmas cards had been removed (they'll show up next season) and Valentine's day cards were already out at 10am.

The only clearance items I bought were 2 storage totes to pack Christmas decor away in. They were only 25% off.

Esteemed Contributor

The Target ad has lots of great buys in it. And I have Target gift cards to use but I didn't feel like venturing out yesterday with crowds. PLUS I don't want decorations for next year. When I use my card I will buy myself something (probably some new music or movies). Anyway- DH and I went to breakfast and the movies yesterday morning instead. My one friend always calls me bragging about after Christmas deals. To me, it isn't worth hiking stores with my bad back. Im just not a shopper type person like most women..lol.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I bought a few Woof & Poof pieces from Nordstrom.com, 50% off, free shipping.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?