Honored Contributor

Any flight attendants here? I have a question.

This popped up on my FB feed.  I'm intrigued by it, because I suffer from lower back pain if I can't put my feet up when sitting for long periods of time.  I'm not only unsure that it would work as advertised, I'm not sure it would be permitted on most airlines.  It seems like it would affect the comfort of the person seated in front of it.  Are there any flight attendants here who could speak to these concerns?

I assume I cannot post the link, so I'm posting a couple of photos instead.

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 5.40.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 5.39.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 5.38.45 AM.png

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Any flight attendants here? I have a question.

@house_cat-

I haven't seen or heard of this but you know what I do that helps?

I put my soft purse on the floor under the seat in front of me and put my feet on it-just enough raising the feet to helpSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@house_cat-

I haven't seen or heard of this but you know what I do that helps?

I put my soft purse on the floor under the seat in front of me and put my feet on it-just enough raising the feet to helpSmiley Happy

@on the bay. Same here. I always have a bag with me for a book, to put my purse in and a sweater. I usually put it on the floor where my feet should go and put my feet on top of it.

Contributor

Hi! I’m a 35 year flight attendant. I have not read that they have or have not been approved for use on board by the FAA so I think you’re fine to use them. However, as a crew member we would ask you not to use it during takeoff and landing as it can be a trip hazard for pax sitting with you. If there’s an emergency you want to be unimpeded. I fly DFW HKG on a regular basis. 17 hours in a plane is hard on your body. This device would certainly help but getting up and moving around is really critical to help prevent blood clots. On short flights, this device will certainly make your trip comfy! So, happy flying to you!😊✈️
Respected Contributor

Take a small pillow case or purse bag to put your purse in. 

Those floors are dirty. I do the same as suggested. I

read somewhere that not all pull down trays work with that sling. 

Honored Contributor

@skystew

Thanks for the professional input.

I'll bet you have some really good stories after 35 years!

~ house cat ~
Contributor

Goodness! You have no idea! Just when you think you’ve seen everything...😂 Even after all these years, I still love my job. Wouldn’t trade it for anything✈️
Honored Contributor

spill, spill !!

Honored Contributor

@skystew-

I just want to tell you-

I so admire flight attendants!-

I can't tell you how many times I have thought that the good ones make all the world of difference with a kind word, a sense of humor, calm confidence and patience.

I kind of put you up there with nurses.

I'm glad you love your job and I hope you know how much of a great difference you make in the lives of all your traveling passengersSmiley Happy!

I know I could not do it. You have to love it to do it I hope.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@skystew  Thanks for your input.  I don't mean to hijack this post, but you might be able to answer my question.  We will be doing some international travel and I want to use a backpack as my "purse".  Can I take a backpack (as my purse)  and a regulation carry-on onto the plane? We don't want to check luggage. Also, do you recommend a brand for carry-on.  I'm leaning towards Travel Pro.   Thanks....