Honored Contributor

Re: Any families doing this (4 Christmas gift rule) 🎁📚🍿⛸

Pollyanna?
Trusted Contributor

IMG_2118.JPG

Yep it's  a real thing catching on. (Just remember you heard it here first!). 

Actually growing up in the 60's this was what our Christmas gifts were like. Always got something i really really wanted, then new socks or pj's, a nice new sweater or dress and I would get a book series or something similar. But we were a big family and a sahm.

⚓️
Honored Contributor

I've heard of it.  Don't do it.  

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  Pollyanna gift giving for Christmas is usually done w/big families but works well with small 3+ people involved.

Every participant randomly chooses a name out of the pool of participants. No one shares what name they have drawn. Each person then purchases a fun and amusing gift for the person they’ve been assigned to. There is usually a dollar amount assigned before the event so everybody is on the same page as to how much they will be spending on their gift (optional). The presents are then brought to the event and unwrapped by the recipients. Since the gift giver is kept anonymous, you can have a lot of fun choosing hilarious and unique gifts for the person you’ve been assigned.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, I don't want to be confined to rules.  I give them 2-3 big items and a bunch of little things they can use. 

Esteemed Contributor

Not for me!  As the most impractical Christmas giving grandmother there is no way I'm following a structured gift list!  The kids get clothes, books etc through the course of the year so Christmas is the time for fun stuff. No socks, pj's or underwear from me. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

The simplicity of this idea appeals to me. There is still a lot of latitude as to what the gifts are.

Respected Contributor

I love "and something to read"..always. at least for grandchildren.

Honored Contributor

I heard this on the radio tonight.  I think it's a great idea but I don't think it will go over big with some children.

Trusted Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

The simplicity of this idea appeals to me. There is still a lot of latitude as to what the gifts are.

Absolutely- you get it.

I have to say i was surprised at the negative vibes at this idea. 

⚓️