Respected Contributor

Any experiences with PODS shipping

I am looking for an economical way to ship a bedroom set. It's about 500 miles. 

If PODS is an option, what we have will not fill up the container so do the items shift around a lot? 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Any experiences with PODS shipping

I don't think Pods is the type of arrangement you need.  It's set up for whole house type of moving.  When I shipped some furniture to my sister in Philadelphia, it was "piggybacked" onto a load North American Van. lines was taking there.  I would call one of the big moving companies and have them give you an estimate.  They do small loads all the time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@granddi wrote:

I am looking for an economical way to ship a bedroom set. It's about 500 miles. 

If PODS is an option, what we have will not fill up the container so do the items shift around a lot? 

PODS is not economical, it is convenient.  It is great for people who need temporary storage prior to a move or after a move.

Esteemed Contributor

We've used them twice and were very satisfied with them. No damage and no loss. The first time was moving mostly wedding gifts and a few furniture pieces , the second adding LR, DR, BR stuff and our bikes.
Respected Contributor

I've used PODS but inside were mostly boxes and a few pieces of furniture which were tied down and well padded. No damage but I could tell there was shifting during transit. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____