Honored Contributor

Re: Any experienced EBay sellers out there? I need help!

[ Edited ]

@Sushismom wrote:

Doesn't really matter what you say in your listing if you don't exclude countries that you won't ship to. Even then, some international bidders use a reshipper so they will have a U.S. address in their PayPal when they pay. 

What you can do, however, is also set your PayPal preferences to exclude any non-U.S. payments. That way if they win, they can't pay.

@Sushismom  @Tribesters

My first thought was that they also have a U.S. address and then ship it to themselves overseas when they receive the item.

Personally, I've never had this problem, but I'm sure there's  talk of this on Ebay Community.  Might be worth checking out.

Trusted Contributor

I have also had this happen, and you can cancel the sale.  I am always suspect that they are scammers of some type because I clearly state no international shipping.

Trusted Contributor

@hayseed00

For some reason the international bidders are making me nervous. The auction ends in just over 2 hours. It looks like the 2 main bidders are both located outside the US. One is Egypt & the other is Russia. My item is up to $164- I paid $290 for it a year ago. I was hoping to get $150 so I’m pleased with the bid. However, I don’t want a fraudulent buyer & be out my item plus all the fees. I’m kind of wishing I’d never listed it. There’s just too many crooks out there. 

Honored Contributor

I definitely would not send it to Egypt or Russia.  It's just too risky.   I'm sorry this happened to you.  I hope someone else bids on it at the last minute.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack

Unfortunately the winning bidder was from Russia. Since I took the advice here & blocked international payments on Pay Pal he emailed wanting other payment options. He said he could provide a US address for shipping but wanted to pay with international card. I asked if it was a Pay Pal verified addresss but haven’t heard back. I just have a bad feeling about this. It’s possible the buyer is legit but I just don’t want to take the chance. The item sold for over $166. I really don’t need it anymore since I ordered the newest version but I don’t want to get ripped off either. 

Respected Contributor

If the buyer's address in PayPal is a U.S. address, it should be safe to ship to. And verified PayPal addresses are obsolete as now whatever address is attached to the PayPal transaction is the adress you need to ship to. 

With ebay's Money Back Guarantee, any item that is forwarded to another address is not eligible for the MBG. However, this isn't true in PayPal. But with PayPal, the buyer needs to pay to return the item, which can be very costly.

If you truly don't want to ship, cancel the transaction with "problem with buyer address". And next time you list, list with immediate payment required. 

Honored Contributor

I had so many problems with International Buyers and Buyers in general not paying after the auction that I decided to check where it says no International Buyers.  I also only do Buy It Nows with Immediate payment.  No one can stop my listing, have it come down without money in my PP account.  It's really, REALLY been worth it for me.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*