QVC Customer Care

Re: Any demo people out there.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Costco demo's are not costco employees, they are contracted out by companies themselves (find jobs on craigs list ) or https://clubdemo.com/careers/    Depending on where you live there are only a few demo companies that work major store brands like Walmart, Sams, Krogers etc.  These are part time positions with no benefits. Crossmark is one of them.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

@esmeraldagooch

So those folks you see giving out free food samples at supermarkets, membership clubs, etc are not store employees?

I am another one who had no clue what the OP was fonting about.

Smaller chains perhaps but not the larger ones.

Your advertizing employer sends you to a specific store and has you "PURCHASE" the food on their credit card. The stores have the carts in the back for you to use for your demo.  If you run out of product you can't just go buy more.

Trusted Contributor

A retired neighbor of mine does "demo" work at Costco.  She likes the extra money ($12 an hour), and says that her time goes by fast. She works 2-3 days a week.

Valued Contributor

@sidsmomI had an older neighbor that did demo and he's the first one I thought of when I saw this. I still have the crowbar and prybar that I used to help him when I was on layoff. I sure didn't think of food. Now that would have been a better job for me.

Honored Contributor

@shopperqvc

Giggle!

I hope the OP gets the info she’s looking for.

To be honest....I always try & avoid the demo people

at the grocery stores. 😕

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@shopperqvc

Giggle!

I hope the OP gets the info she’s looking for.

To be honest....I always try & avoid the demo people

at the grocery stores. 😕

The only people I will go out of my way to avoid are those annoying people at the kiosks in the mall and the perfume people at Macy's and Victoria's Secret.

I was in VS one time and the sprayer was shocked when I told her not to spray me.