Honored Contributor

Re: Any chance of having a conversation that doesn't involve Covid-19

*******************BREAKING NEWS*********************

I wore mascara today.

Then forgot.

Rubbed my eyes.

Looked like a raccoon at the dinner table.

DH liked the look.Woman Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

@Junebug54  I'm enjoying what I can also. I'm 77 and a widow, live alone. So, I only go out in my yard. I walk the dogs separately because one is 16 and has been sick. I've been hand feeding him and carrying him up stairs. That takes time and I worry. 
  I read books on my I pad from the library and do tai chi. 
My maid can't come in my house because she does other houses. Neither can my family. if I get sick there's no one to care for the dogs. 
   I'm hearing disabled, deaf in one ear and almost in the other. I have tinnitus that's like bells ringing, whistles blowing and blurred radio announcers. Can't hear on the phone. So, I can't talk to family or friends, just text or e mail. 
   The pool is closed. Limited lanes when opened. Can't see the grandkids, great grandkids are in other states now. 

I used to lunch with two friends, we went once for a Pizza outside  and distanced at one's house. They've eaten outside at restaurants. People don't social distance or have masks on. I'm afraid to.  No church and can't hear it on the web. It gets lonely. 
   My life has changed forever, as has everyone's, that makes normal conversation hard! 
   I keep busy cleaning the house and yard, organizing, donating. So, I don't have much to talk about. SORRY! 

Trusted Contributor

@Lucky Charm ...  At least he was nice enough not to take a picture! Thank you for the post ..... it was a "smile maker". Especially the breaking news headline.

Respected Contributor

@Junebug54 

Any day that I don't hear or read about _______ is a great day!  

I haven't done anything special .. the muggy & hot weather has taken my energy level down to "0".   Otherwise, I'd be out on my glider on the deck just enjoying watching the outside critters and, maybe bring my kitty with me.

Good subject, thank you

Trusted Contributor

Hopefully this reply won't be sad...I'll try to speak of the incredible blessings I have in my life.

June has always been a very difficult month for my husband and I. My husband lost his father to a drunk driver in 1966...on June 17th. It was his mother and fathers 17th Wedding Anniversary and the day before Father's Day. My brother's birthday was June 12 and he sadly passed away on June 28th, 1969. Three weeks ago we lost our sweet Mini Schnauzer on June 8th...3 days before his 16th birthday. And today, I lost my best friend to cancer. So, while all of this has made for difficult times, I've also learned just how little time each of us has on this planet and we must live each day to its fullest. 

It's a very challenging time for everyone and the future is unknown, but when I look around and see the love in my husband's eyes for me still after 45 years of marriage, when I see the promise of a bright future for our 17 and 20 year old grandchildren, when I reflect on the devoted friendship of my friend that passed, I see how blessed I am every day. Tomorrow isn't promised so we must hold on to each special moment we have with those we love and don't let the fear we see every day cloud our heart. Be thankful for the good and if you can't find a kind person, then be a kind person. 

Respected Contributor

Ahhh, thought we were talking "real life".

Try to avoid speaking of Covid-19 in real life, as family & friends are dealing with health issues, etc.

But...it invariably goes there.

Here, I try to spend equal time between "IT" and lighter, fluff stuff.

Denise
Respected Contributor

@Junebug54 @homedecor1  DH and I used to walk every afternoon until our pool opened. We've gone there everyday with our friends and enjoyed it immensely. Our nephew and 2 grandnephews are visiting and staying with my 94 year old Aunt. We're going to see them, have bbq and take them to the pool sometime tomorrow. I've been working on my garden, too. I try to get out before it gets too hot - some days I make it and some days I don't. We're just enjoying life!

Honored Contributor

You ask is there any chance of having a conversation that doesn't involve the virus.

First of all, I see plenty of them throughout the forums. Second of all, yes, start one on a subject that you think would make for a good conversation. I think that by your subject line, you opened the door to those who want to express their annoyance with -- wait for it -- Covic-19, thus ensuring that your thread will revolve around the tug of war we seem to be in here. Finally, keep in mind that Community Chat is the most likely place for subjects that are current and on most people's minds.

So again, start a thread on its own merits about something you'd like to talk about. If you build it....they will come.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@grandma petes   I'm sorry about your friend and your dog! My best friend is sick, she's waiting for tests. 
  I'm glad you have your husband, Mine has been gone 16 years just after our 40th anniversary. Take care and keep well! ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

People generally like to  talk about what effects them the most. The Covid conversation is not going away soon. I try to get up to date but then drop it. We have way bigger problems going on. Quality of Life is being destroyed by some. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.