Honored Contributor

Re: Any Subaru Forester Owners Here?

I looked at a couple of Foresters once and then decided not to buy one b/c my large dog crates do not fit inside the back cargo area, no room to spare. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks to everyone for the input. We bought a car!  2022 Forester Limited - black with black interior.  The bad part is that we have to wait a couple weeks for it to get here. 

Honored Contributor

When I mey Hubbs he drove Subs. Today we own 2 Subs. They are reliable and always get me up the driveway in the winter.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for everyone who contributed helpful responses. I plan on purchasing a  new car next year and I am over 90% sure that it will be a Subaru. I like reading about individuals experiences with this vehicle. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've been driving Subarus since 1980. I live in a cold, hilly town and all wheel drive is a must. I haven't had a Forester but I've had a few different models. The bottom line with Subaru is they are extremely reliable and will get you where you want to go, no matter what. I never got stuck in snow, or anything else, in all these years.

Respected Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

I've been driving Subarus since 1980. I live in a cold, hilly town and all wheel drive is a must. I haven't had a Forester but I've had a few different models. The bottom line with Subaru is they are extremely reliable and will get you where you want to go, no matter what. I never got stuck in snow, or anything else, in all these years.

@VivianI know what you're saying about going thru any kind of weather.  There were more than a few times when I lived up in WA & still worked that I was the only one who made it to work on snowy days.  I wasn't that worried about myself so much as some idiot with a big pickup who thought they could go anywhere as fast I they wanted sliding into me while acting a fool!  They were always the ones you saw in the ditches.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Thanks to everyone for the input. We bought a car!  2022 Forester Limited - black with black interior.  The bad part is that we have to wait a couple weeks for it to get here. 

@JeanLouiseFinch - I was just coming on here to add my two cents worth.  First, congratulations on your new car.  I'm certain you'll love it!  It will be worth the wait.

We've owned four Subaru Foresters over the past years (after a horrible experience with Toyota that was in a class-action suit - never again).

We've had a 2006, 2012, 2015 and a 2021, all purchased new.  DH was driving a Hyundai that he liked until he drove my Forester one time during the winter (New England).  So when we decided to trade his car in, he got the 2015 model.  All of ours have had the Premium package ( we won't do without the heated seats and mirrors with our winter weather).

I got my 2021 Forester Premium in May last year.  I absolutely love all the new safety features, including the idle at stop lights.

Don't be put off by anyone saying that the car stops running; it does not.  I don't even notice it anymore.  It simply goes into idle and the second you put your foot on the accelerator, it's back to normal.  It's fuel efficient and that's important both for cost and the environment.

I was skeptical when I was first told about it, but wouldn't be without it now.  I don't know what kind of salesman would've given out such misinformation, unless it was just a misunderstanding.  (And I think all new cars are going to have to have this feature, but I may be wrong.)

Each of my previous Foresters had around 100,000 miles when traded in.  No problems with any of our four vehicles, just regular maintenance.

Love our Subaru Foresters and won't have anything else.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I've owned a Subaru Forrester since 2018.

Purhased it because of consistent annual Consumer Reports ratings as the safest car with the best side and rear visibility and  other benefits for senior drivers. 

Safety aspects were confirmed by my son and daughter-in-law, who work for two different companies  in the insurance property/casualty industry.

The  all-sides window visibility and ease of entering and getting out of the car rate it high as a great car for seniors, according to Consumer Reports annual ratings..

This is not a luxury car, unlike the previous two car brands I owned for years, but it is practical  for my current purposes.  I don't love the style but it works for me.

A gas company contractor visited our home recently to check out some things, and he saw the Forrester in our garage.  I have his name and number because he said he' would like to buy the car for his soon-to-be licensed teengage driver.

With repeated annual  endorsements  from Conumer Reports, plus  research by  the insurance industry and my own experience with the car, I would buy it again and actually would just like to get a newer model.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch - I was just coming on here to add my two cents worth.  First, congratulations on your new car.  I'm certain you'll love it!  It will be worth the wait.

We've owned four Subaru Foresters over the past years (after a horrible experience with Toyota that was in a class-action suit - never again).

We've had a 2006, 2012, 2015 and a 2021, all purchased new.  DH was driving a Hyundai that he liked until he drove my Forester one time during the winter (New England).  So when we decided to trade his car in, he got the 2015 model.  All of ours have had the Premium package ( we won't do without the heated seats and mirrors with our winter weather).

I got my 2021 Forester Premium in May last year.  I absolutely love all the new safety features, including the idle at stop lights.

Don't be put off by anyone saying that the car stops running; it does not.  I don't even notice it anymore.  It simply goes into idle and the second you put your foot on the accelerator, it's back to normal.  It's fuel efficient and that's important both for cost and the environment.

I was skeptical when I was first told about it, but wouldn't be without it now.  I don't know what kind of salesman would've given out such misinformation, unless it was just a misunderstanding.  (And I think all new cars are going to have to have this feature, but I may be wrong.)

Each of my previous Foresters had around 100,000 miles when traded in.  No problems with any of our four vehicles, just regular maintenance.

Love our Subaru Foresters and won't have anything else.

Thanks @Venezia   I understand about the braking thing.  Our son just bought a Forester a week or so ago, he got the Wilderness version, and was telling us about all the features.  

Valued Contributor

Every single person I know who drives the Suburu Forester LOVES it (get the Limited OR the Sport)

If possible, pay in cash! THe pricing for purchasing/leasing is INSANE right now