Trusted Contributor

Any School Music Teachers Out There?

My sister and I were reminiscing on the phone this afternoon about our former music teacher and the songbook she used.

We went to public school years and years ago.  The songbook was used by several school districts in the Midwest.  It had a yellow cover and was smaller than a National Geographic but a little larger than a Reader's Digest.  It included songs for the very young to selections for older students.  The cover had a filigree border and the print were all in black.

Does anyone know the name of this songbook?  I was in elementary school in the late 50's, so ..............

Thank you in advance for any clues you could give me in tracking this down.

wismiss     Related image

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any School Music Teachers Out There?

[ Edited ]

@wismiss     

This one?

Vintage "The Golden Book of Favorite Songs" "Hall & McCreary' Company Chicago

Trusted Contributor

Oh, yes, that is the one.  Now I can go on a couple of other sites and see if I can find it.  Did you use this as a music teacher or were you a student who used that book?  I hope I can find a couple in good condition.  My sister played accordion and also had a wonderful singing voice.  In fact, she sang "God's Little Angels" on radio when she was very young and her music teacher also wanted her to take voice lessons so she will be really surprised if I can find one for her and get it to her by Christmas.

Thank you so much!!!

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Esteemed Contributor

The book is on eBay.  I used it as a student and loved it.  Found this one at a Thrift Shop.  Hope you find one!  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

The book is on eBay.  I used it as a student and loved it.  Found this one at a Thrift Shop.  Hope you find one!  Enjoy!

I see some listed on Etsy, too.   I love music...  and old books!   I hope you find one in good condition, @wismiss.   Happy treasure hunting!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova