Honored Contributor

Yes, I am an owl lover although I’ve never seen one. I do hear their call and night sometimes. 

Honored Contributor

I will look this up.  I've only seen an owl one time.  I was pulling out of my sister's driveway, and there was an owl on the neighbor's mailbox across the street.  This was in a subdivision in the middle of the day.  It was so strange to see an owl like this, but I sat there and watched it for a while.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I love owls and see them sometimes. I've seen hawks swoop down and eat squirrels. It's unpleasant but that's nature.

Honored Contributor

At our previous home we did have an owl that liked to hang with us. We could hear it, and if memory serves me, we spotted it occasionally. They are majestic.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@SharkE 

I've seen LOADS of UGLY HUMANS - but all creatures great and small (not including human beings) are (to me) a wonder and a beauty to behold.

To call an owl ugly is ..... just an odd thing to say aloud. 

But .... like bellybuttons - we all have 'em, and opinions are no different - you are entitled.

Have a good rest of your week Sharke and a nice weekend.

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

@SharkE 

I've seen LOADS of UGLY HUMANS - but all creatures great and small (not including human beings) are (to me) a wonder and a beauty to behold.

To call an owl ugly is ..... just an odd thing to say aloud. 

But .... like bellybuttons - we all have 'em, and opinions are no different - you are entitled.

Have a good rest of your week Sharke and a nice weekend.

@MoonieBaby, except for your exclusion of humans, I heartily agree with you. I just can't see how anyone would think owls are anything but majestic.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland