Honored Contributor

Re: Any New Washing Machine Recommendations?

I love my front loader Samsung and matching dryer.

Trusted Contributor

I have the Maytag Bravos as well. It is basically the same machine as the Whirlpool Cabrio as Whirlpool owns Maytag. It is a top loader, no agitator, HE, and I am very happy with it. I've had it a couple of years and would purchase it again if I were buying a new machine today.

Honored Contributor

On 1/15/2014 Qwackertoo said:

Seems I saw the other day Whirlpool is bringing some of their production back to OH or maybe it was IN. That is a good thing. Not sure IF it was laundry, kitchen or what but might want to support them. Smiley Happy

The Whirlpool washers and driers are all made in the USA.

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2014 Vamp said:

I have the Maytag Bravos as well. It is basically the same machine as the Whirlpool Cabrio as Whirlpool owns Maytag. It is a top loader, no agitator, HE, and I am very happy with it. I've had it a couple of years and would purchase it again if I were buying a new machine today.

When I was getting ready to sell my aunt's house, I took down her sheers and washed them. They were very dusty. She used to send them out to be cleaned along with the drapes, but I just wanted to see what would happen...the realtor said sheers didn't matter.

The Cabrio did a FANTASTIC job. I didn't need to dry them at all...just hung them back up.

The sheers were bought in 1965...so they were over 50 years old...the washer didn't tear them at all!

Respected Contributor

I have a Samsung washer and dryer and I love them. They are 4 years old now. I do not like LG products because I had a refrigerator break down in less then a year so I steer away from LG.
Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2014 conlt said: I have a Samsung washer and dryer and I love them. They are 4 years old now. I do not like LG products because I had a refrigerator break down in less then a year so I steer away from LG.

My friend got a new LG refrigerator and wine cooler...both broke down within a year.

Respected Contributor

On 1/16/2014 terrier2 said:
On 1/16/2014 conlt said: I have a Samsung washer and dryer and I love them. They are 4 years old now. I do not like LG products because I had a refrigerator break down in less then a year so I steer away from LG.

My friend got a new LG refrigerator and wine cooler...both broke down within a year.

Any LG appliance you buy is going to be GREAT.........WITH THE EXCEPTION of the refrigerators......LG moved to a direct drive compressor (think of a pipe with a piston on one end) and that has come with some problems......but oddly enough it's not the compressor that is the problems with the refrigerators, it's the ice makers.......I would highly recommend any LG appliance, especially their washer and dryers BUT not the refrigerators, at least not until they get the bugs worked out................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2014 blackbirdraven said:
On 1/16/2014 terrier2 said:

Any LG appliance you buy is going to be GREAT.........WITH THE EXCEPTION of the refrigerators......LG moved to a direct drive compressor (think of a pipe with a piston on one end) and that has come with some problems......but oddly enough it's not the compressor that is the problems with the refrigerators, it's the ice makers.......I would highly recommend any LG appliance, especially their washer and dryers BUT not the refrigerators, at least not until they get the bugs worked out................................raven

Hmmm...good to know.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/16/2014 Shelbelle said:

Whirlpool top loader, tried and true.

Me too. My parents have one that is nearly the same as mine, and it's been working for about 20 years so far.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Super Contributor

I've had Kenmore top loaders for 50 years and they've lasted about 20 plus years and I was very happy with them except the last one I bought in 2011 and it does NOT spin the clothes very well. I won't buy another one.