Trusted Contributor

Any Iced Coffee Connoisseurs?

I am trying to give up Coke and drink Iced coffee. I confess that I am clueless when it comes to coffee and alcoholic beverages. If you would be so kind, please let me know what your favorites are from McDonalds, Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, etc and any other chain that sells these drinks. I do know that I tend to like lattes. Thanks!

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Honored Contributor

Re: Any Iced Coffee Connoisseurs?

My oldest daughter doesn't consume any caffeine.  (The total opposite from me).  Ha!

Anyway, I've always made her sweet tea made with Lipton No caffeine Tea.  I boil the tea bags (use a lot of tea bags because if you don't it will be too weak).  

I only use Spring Water (that's all I drink) I think it keeps the tea from becoming too 'tart'.

I use quite a bit of sugar (but you can use a substitute if you want to but that's not real Southern Iced Tea.

It's really good and doesn't have caffeine in it.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

My oldest daughter doesn't consume any caffeine.  (The total opposite from me).  Ha!

Anyway, I've always made her sweet tea made with Lipton No caffeine Tea.  I boil the tea bags (use a lot of tea bags because if you don't it will be too weak).  

I only use Spring Water (that's all I drink) I think it keeps the tea from becoming too 'tart'.

I use quite a bit of sugar (but you can use a substitute if you want to but that's not real Southern Iced Tea.

It's really good and doesn't have caffeine in it.

M

Honored Contributor

My drinks of choice areUNssweet iced tea and iced coffee with about one third 2percent milk added.  I don't like sugar or sweetener in either drink.  I think they are more crisp without it.

Good luck finding something you like.  I like homemade iced coffee best without the flavoring so.

Trusted Contributor

My Ninja IQ Coffee Maker has a setting for iced coffe and one for specialty drinks. If you want to save money in the long run you could make your own. When I get hot coffee at Dunkin Donuts I get an espresso shot in the regular coffee. They'd pour it over ice. Starbucks does the same. 

I wish Coffee Shop would make coffee in a container as well as pods. I love the taste! I have to go to my son's for that. 

Honored Contributor

I love iced coffee but don't make it.  The gourmand don't just ice down an ordinary cup of joe.  Here's how they do it.

Iced Coffee Concentrate Recipe

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato. It's an iced layered drink: vanilla syrup, milk (I get non-fat), ice, espresso, caramel drizzle. I have made these at home, but usually get them at Starbucks (there is one in the grocery store where I shop). Delicious. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I'm at work I get a medium Dunkin Donuts ice coffee, no sugar, extra cream. I agree with another poster that sugar takes the edge off iced coffee or tea. Light cream is better for you than half and half, no preservatives and chemicals. Dunkin uses cream, Starbucks uses half and half which spoils the taste for me.

At home I make my own half and half with milk and light cream....I don't eat a lot of fat or sugar so the cream is "dessert" to me. I seldom have more than one iced coffee a day. If I'm in for the day I make my own iced cofee by boiling a half cup of bottled water (I have a well, hard water) I then add a packet of Nescafe Colombian instant coffee and a packet of Starbucks VIA Italian Roast instant, stir and let sit for 5 minutes, stir again. I then add two ice cubes and stir until cool. Then pour this over 5 or 6 ice cubes (also made with bottled water) in a thermal 16 oz. cup, then add light cream or my own half and half to the  mix. This is my favorite. As you can see I like iced coffee! It's a treat by itself for me.

McDonald's iced coffee is also good.

Good for you to get off the sugared sodas!

Honored Contributor

At Starbucks, I always order an iced decaf vanilla latte. I love them!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I love iced coffee! When I make it at home I add sweetened condensed milk to it (great in hot coffee too!). The Kuerig makes it very easy!

My coffee shop of preference would be Caribou Coffee.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield