Respected Contributor

Any Fruitcake Lovers Out There

If you're seeing the Beatrice individually wrapped 2.25lb fruitcake slices currently on ITKWD for $74.98 Amazon has same brand 1.25lb for $33.99.

Exact same product only in a smaller amount in case that's an issue having 2.25lbs.

Some think any amount is too much lol.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Any Fruitcake Lovers Out There

I'm waiting for the Grandma's fruitcake, get it every year.  Guess I'll check Amazon for that too lol.

Esteemed Contributor

How fresh are they on The A?

I purchased David's Cookies once from Amazon. A dry, crumbly mess. The A doesn't offer refunds on food. No matter the reason.

Honored Contributor

ONLY if the fruitcake is doused with PLENTY of rum or brandy...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I purchased David's Cookies once from Amazon. A dry, crumbly mess. The A doesn't offer refunds on food. No matter the reason.

Last year I ordered 2 bags of A pretzels, they arrived all broken, I got a full refund plus a $5 credit towards my next purchase. . 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Only fruit cake we will eat is from Collin Street Bakery. 

Have not ate it for a while. 

I also have issues getting a refund on food items from Amazon. Not using coffee that has a hole in the seal. Don't appreciate when they send me food that's about to expire.  

Esteemed Contributor

@rockygems123  We love the Beatrice brand fruitcake! Never realized how delicious it was until we took a chance and tried it. In the past we've ordered from QVC or directly from Beatrice - whichever was less expensive and better configuration for us.

Last year we ordered the "no sugar added" from Beatrice.(new blood sugar orders for DH) It was also delicious, but let's face it, there are still carbs and other sugars.  Since we can't get many of our guests to try it, we've stopped ordering it. But, I can highly recommend.

Respected Contributor

@chlema  I Don't know if Beatrice is associated with the Grandma's fruitcake You are looking for But looking at the package it says Grandma's Bake Shoppe in the bottom right corner.

Also you might want to check out the Beatrice Bakery Website for variety and price.

Enjoy your Fruitcake!

Honored Contributor

My Mom,many years ago, made the best fruitcake. She found the recipe in the Sunday supplement,Parade. It had walnuts and choco chips in it. She would make it at TG and then wrap it in cheese cloth that she soaked in brandy.

I ain't fraid of no ghosts.
Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Last year I ordered 2 bags of A pretzels, they arrived all broken, I got a full refund plus a $5 credit towards my next purchase. . 

Did they issue the refund because it was an Amazon branded food product? I ordered Snyder's pretzels once and got a broken mess. No refund.