Trusted Contributor

First of all, I wish QVC had a thread for crafters.  It's like crafts don't fit well anywhere.

Anyway, I just received a Red Wing 6 gallon crock and decided to put a silk spring flower display in it.  I could not believe the price of silk flowers!!!  I have made my own wreaths for years, small floral arrangements, etc., but wanted and needed some tall spring flowers.  Hard to touch a flower bush for less than $20.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Trusted Contributor

Re: Any Floral Crafters Here?

wismiss, was just at hobby lobby today and bought 2 very pretty floral bushes for $25.00.  All their florals are 50% off.

Contributor

You could buy shorter stems, partially fill your container  with something sturdy  and put your floral foam on top of that.  Make your arrangement and no one will know that the stems are not long!  I make a lot of wreaths and floral arrangements.  All my friends love them. Hope this helps!

Honored Contributor

Prices are crazy for florals. I'm wondering what the real things will cost when the greenhouses open up later in April. 

Honored Contributor

@wismiss 

You might want to look at the beautiful painted laytex lifelike flowers on amazon.  Very, very pretty and much nicer than silks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wismiss   I decorate with faux florals throughout the year, changing every three months, right now it is Easter on the long kitchen table, various shades and flowers in various vases, one large vase on the end of a counter with pink,and everywhere else in the kitchen is Spring green and white, stunning.

I buy the faux florals, all online, at Michael's, Joann's, Afloral, Hobby Lobby, Factory Direct, Etsy, and several others, all gorgeous and realistic. all polyester though called silk, no plastic except for some stems which don't show in the vases.  All have sales so look for those.

Honored Contributor

A long, long time ago there used to be a craft board but it was slowly taken over by scrapbookers and card makers and then the name was changed to scrapbooking and if any other type of craft question was asked you pretty much got sent to the naughty corner because it wasn't paper related.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wismiss  I would love to see a Forum for crafters! Joann Fabrics has a spring flower sale going on right now. I think they are trying to expand their florals. The only problem with online purchases from Joann is the dimensions don't quite match reality. This candle ring was $6.95. but the inside dimension was less than 3" - not the advertized 4 inches.

Candle Ring2.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for all your responses.  I live in a town of only about 10,000 so buying florals in person is rather limited.  I am also new to the area so don't know what/where things are in larger towns that are within driving distance.  Plus, I am physically handicapped, so my shopping stamina is rather limited and sometimes it doesn't pay to drive to those larger towns. Thank you for all the ideas of where I can buy online.  I'll have to check them out.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

I don't know, but if you get You Tube, under crafters, you may find some answers you seek.

I too wish we had a crafters channel.  Especially, since we're still in house so much.