Respected Contributor

Any Diana Gabaldon "Outlander" Fans here?

We will finally get a movie.

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Outlander-Teaser-Trailer-Shows-Adventure-Violence-Romance-6282...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGXAKHQx5VE

Looks like it will be on Starz this summer.

Now I have to check to see if Starz is on my cable package.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

Re: Any Diana Gabaldon ""Outlander"" Fans here?

me, mememmeme. I love the romance, time travel, paradox, history stuff - lol

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Valued Contributor

I LOVE that series! (Though I haven't yet read all of the books.) I don't get cable/dish so I'll have to wait for it to be on Amazon Instant Video. Thanks for the heads up!

Super Contributor

I am sorry to say that I read almost 300 pages into Outlander, the first book, and I just couldn't take it any longer. It was to me tedious and redundant. I know a lot of people love it, but I can't even imagine she had more to write about after....what?...900 or so pages in the first book.

Super Contributor

i love it! i have read them all twice and was very excited when she announced this last year on facebook. but...........i had to unlike her page. she is very rude and tacky when it comes to some fans. for a writer you would think she had a better filter when it comes to people that buy her books. people would make innocent remarks about a character or who they thought they would like to see play a character from the book and she would basically tell them she did not want or need their opinions. so for my peace of mind - because i do so love the series - i stopped reading her page. and her fans are as bad as she is at times. once someone said she was on book three - was it worth it to keep reading?? LOL and someone told her that they don't why she was there if she asked stupid questions like that!

but i can't wait to see the books come to life!

Super Contributor

Maybe if I watch the show, I'll gain a new interest in the books.

Valued Contributor

One of my all-time favorite series! I can't wait until June 10th for the latest book to be sent to my Kindle - just wish it was going to be over a weekend so I could read it straight through.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Valued Contributor

As you can see by my name, yes, I am huge fan. Have read all her books several times and listened to them on Audible. Love them. It seems the Starz series will be a good one! Looking forward to it and her new book to be published in June. To the poster that thought Diana rude: no. She isn't, but she will respond to posts that are absolutely wrong. I recall a thread where someone insisted a character did or did not do something. Diana responded, as she should have.