Honored Contributor

Re: Antonella's 15-year anniversary show

I think they'll agree to putting Antonella's 25th anniversary show on the main channel.  Only ten years to go.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't usually think like management, but apparently this is one time we agreed.  I am not a fan of Antonella, nor have I ever been. I don't watch her and don't buy from any show she is hosting.  There are several hosts that I feel the same about, but none so much as Antonella. I am sure she would make a great friend or neighbor, but as a host IMHO she just doesn't make the cut. Sorry if this offends someone, but she doesn't have what it takes to convince me to buy.

Honored Contributor

For those who have Comcast and still don't have the Q2 channel, have you entered your zip code in the Program Guide Channel Finder to double-check?  It's at the bottom of the Program Guide page. 

I'm just wondering if Comcast may have given Q2 an obscure channel number in your area.

Honored Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

I was surprised she mentioned that management wanted to get rid of her, but it was the enthusiasm of customers for her that kept her at the Q.  

I think that was less than smart to say, I kind of cringed when she said that. or perhaps she might has worded it better 

after that I turned off the TV 

Respected Contributor

I did not watch the show and am surprised that Antonella would mention that. I assume TPTB we’re not thrilled about it either.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Perkup wrote:

I don't usually think like management, but apparently this is one time we agreed.  I am not a fan of Antonella, nor have I ever been. I don't watch her and don't buy from any show she is hosting.  There are several hosts that I feel the same about, but none so much as Antonella. I am sure she would make a great friend or neighbor, but as a host IMHO she just doesn't make the cut. Sorry if this offends someone, but she doesn't have what it takes to convince me to buy.

I have to agree. I have never been impressed with her, and when she first began working there, I wondered how on earth she even got the job. I don't know if she has improved or not because if by chance I happen to see that she is on as I surf the channels, I immediately move on. However, I rarely watch any of them. I am more of an online viewer and buyer. I know it comes as a shock to some, but I must be one of the few who had to surf on down the channels when Lisa Robertson worked there.

Esteemed Contributor

Annniversary show;s are usually is the kiss of death for the hosts.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

For those who have Comcast and still don't have the Q2 channel, have you entered your zip code in the Program Guide Channel Finder to double-check?  It's at the bottom of the Program Guide page. 

I'm just wondering if Comcast may have given Q2 an obscure channel number in your area.

@Caaareful Shopper - I just tried that and it didn’t even list Comcast as a choice of the providers in my area.  Comcast is the only regular cable provider where I live. 

Anyway, I went on Comcast’s site this morning and looked at the channel lineup. QVC2 still is not listed for metro Atlanta. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I like Antonella. Antonella had worked in the medical field but said she liked to shop QVC. So she had a bigger learning curve than other applicants who had been involved in broadcasting....And that's something I really like about her, she asks the vendor questions that a Q customer would .....I do like her jewelry shows and when she does fashion....I think she would be good in a kitchen show....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@sashamatthews wrote:

I was surprised she mentioned that management wanted to get rid of her, but it was the enthusiasm of customers for her that kept her at the Q.  

I think that was less than smart to say, I kind of cringed when she said that. or perhaps she might has worded it better 

after that I turned off the TV 

If management wanted to get rid of her, she'd be gone.  She needs to knock off the self-deprecating talk.  She may be giving them ideas.  It's just not professional or appropriate. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment