Honored Contributor

Re: Anti Smoking Commercials on TV

DH told people that he was counseling about the stop smoking drugs that it would be one of the hardest thaings that they would ever do(quitting smoking).

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I notice a lot of women are smoking/buying cigars (not big fat stogies, but the slender ones that come in packs).  They must be cheaper and satiate better than cigarettes.

On LivePD, they said it’s common for people to take a slender cigar

(like Cigarellos), split them open & refill with weed.  Makes it easier

to smoke out in the open (of course, until close enough to smell). 

I guess it makes sense, but the smell of weed is profoundly strong so I'd bet (without any experience on this cigar-loading thing) that somebody with a nose for scents would smell it from 20 paces.  Smiley Very Happy

I agree @chickenbutt.

The smell of weed is unmistakable. I think this show created an urban legend with a story like this.  Totally fairytale.

Trusted Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I notice a lot of women are smoking/buying cigars (not big fat stogies, but the slender ones that come in packs).  They must be cheaper and satiate better than cigarettes.

I guess it makes sense, but the smell of weed is profoundly strong so I'd bet (without any experience on this cigar-loading thing) that somebody with a nose for scents would smell it from 20 paces.  Smiley Very Happy

I agree @chickenbutt.

The smell of weed is unmistakable. I think this show created an urban legend with a story like this.  Totally fairytale.

In some cases they mix it with the tobacco to keep the smell down. I think people that smoke weed a lot think this works not realizing that it's very noticeable to other people anyway. You probably get a little nose "blind" just like cigarette smokers do. Not smoking has made the odor in a car much more noticeable to me now.

In lots of cases they use cigar wrappers because they might burn slower or in some cases they'll have a flavor.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I agree @chickenbutt.

Well....that’s the definition of a ‘blunt.’

If in doubt, just Google:

blunts replacing tobacco with weed in cigarillos

Tons of articles to educate.

And no, it’s not ‘urban legand’ ‘fairytale’.

Lord, y’all give waaaaay too much credit to the criminal faction out there. 

The watchers & commenters within the LivePD thread in TV/Movies

would have a giggle w/ the urban legand/fairytale remark.

Every. Single. Week. there’s something like this...and when pulled over,

these blunts are found in v.e.r.y personal spaces to try & hide from police.  

As Dan Abrams calls it, “their personal locker.”

Respected Contributor

What ever works do it.!! Don't even second guess your health, and please stay away from second hand smoke.Being around that really makes me very sick. So that really killed my holiday visits, some will respect you health  and some won't.So sad !!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

Do you know....if they still talk about No Smoking in schools?

Gosh, I remember making posters about no smoking waaay 

back in the dinosaur age when I was in grade school (late 60’s).

Cold Turkey....that’s amazingly wonderful you kicked that habit!

Honored Contributor

Sidsmom - Wasn't there a little commercial about that - something like a 'Smokey The Bear' type of thing?   My memory is horrible now so, heck, maybe I was just thinking about Smokey the Bear.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt

Maybe it was the Camel Cigarette camel?

You have the right idea...I’ll keep looking.

I Googled a bunch of the ads & videos.

Seems like crazy long time ago.

This one was interesting...doctors smoking in their office.

And, y’know? It wasn’t that long ago!

832641F5-28C2-4419-95D9-A73F9E80B1EE.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I wish there was a way to get my next door neighbors to see those.  I live in a condo and have asthma.  On both sides of me I have middle aged couples who both smoke incessantly and only do it outside on their back patios.  I can't even open my windows without having a house full of smoke, even thought their homes are smoke free because they only smoke outside.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@SeaMaiden  I wish there was a way to get my next door neighbors to see those.  I live in a condo and have asthma.  On both sides of me I have middle aged couples who both smoke incessantly and only do it outside on their back patios.  I can't even open my windows without having a house full of smoke, even thought their homes are smoke free because they only smoke outside.

Oh dear, I don't know how you manage.   I also have asthma and cannot even imagine living that scenario.  Smiley Sad   I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

Fortunately, when we bought this house 17+ years ago, the former owner and family didn't smoke.   I would not have been able to deal.  It's a huge job trying to de-smoke a place.   I saw the thread recently from another poster who's step-daughter (I believe) had just rented an apartment that was smoke-saturated and I was just thinking 'get the heck outta there'.   

I've even gotten things from ebay in the past that were smoke-saturated.  One was a book that took me a couple of months with charcoal and baking soda until I finally got it to where I could even hold it.  blech!   (hard to find book and they didn't say it came from a smoking household)