Honored Contributor

Re: Anthony Bourdain dead of apparent suicide

To me, taking your own life is the most puzzling thing I can think of that a person can do.

I think our entire lives we FIGHT TO LIVE. Life from birth is a fight to live..... we get sick and our bodies fight to get better.... it heals itself from a wound... 

and to kill yourself is so going against what we innately are.   

I just can not imagine feeling so so bad that you do not want to live.... that in itself is hard to fathom. Life is so precious and such a gift. And so many people who want to live have their lives cut short..... 

and to take your life..... just so wrong.   and so sad.... it does not fix anything but creates more saddness......

Something failed somewhere.... 

Respected Contributor

Re: Anthony Bourdain commits suicide

[ Edited ]

@OKPrincess wrote:

After a failed attempt last year by my 39-year old daughter, she said “guilt” of disappointing loved ones led to her choice. Even though she was taking meds and regular support groups weekly, something can trigger a person to the point of no return. Not sure what triggered her but without an absolutely loving husband and my faith in God I’m not so sure I’d be here today. That’s why I mentioned before that I live in fear.

WRAPPING MY ARMS AROUND YOU AND GIVING YOU THE BIGGEST HUG.

@OKPrincess

Honored Contributor

Tony...either you loved him or hated him.

His style was confrontational at times.

I recall the way he would publically mock Rachel Ray & Paula Deen.

And vegans?  

He lumped everyone together...and equal opportunity hate.

Everyone is saddened by his untimely death & at the loss of

an amazing talent....but there are some people in the world

who still feel the sting of Tony’s words. 

Honored Contributor

I was on a Foodie message board years ago when he was still the chef at Les Halles. He would come on and post. We couldn't have found a nicer poster with lots of good food, recipes and stories to share.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JaneMarple wrote:

I loved him and his dry sense of humor, I'm devastated. Woman Sad

@JaneMarple I feel the same way.  I keep asking myself why I'm taking it so hard; I've never met the man.  But he seemed to have a spirit that wanted so much to understand all cultures and respect the smallest among us.  It wasn't food, it was life.  It was walking in someone else's shoes.  It was moving your mind across oceans and back home again, and metaphorically getting off the couch. 

I will miss him.   

Honored Contributor

I’m so sad for his family and his best friend Eric Rupert.
Trusted Contributor

@occasionalrain  Really????? Was that necessary?

QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain 

Please try and be mindful about others, this post if not about your feelings towards the man, if you do not care for him fine, but let others who do express their feelings

@occasionalrain wrote:

I never cared for him, thought him a show off, so I don't mourn his loss but I'm sure his young daughter does. She deserved better.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.