Honored Contributor

Re: Anthony Bourdain dead of apparent suicide

I loved him and his dry sense of humor, I'm devastated. Woman Sad

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Valued Contributor

As I hear about these Suicides These Lyrics from the Song Everybody Hurts from The Band REM come to mine.                                                                                                                         

When your day is long and the night, The night is yours alone, when you're sure you've had enough of the life Well Hang On. Don't  let yourself go Cause everybody cries And everybody hurts sometimes.Sometimes everything is wrong, Now it's time to Sing along.When your day is night alone (Hold On) (Hold On) if you feel like letting go (Hold On) If you think you've had to Much of this Life Well, hang on.Cause everybody hurts,Take comfort in your friends.Everybody Hurts, Don't throw your hand Oh No. Don't throw your Hand if you feel like your alone NO,NO,NO, you're not alone. If you're on your own in this life. The days and nights are Long, when you think you've had to much of this Life To hang On. Well, everybody hurts sometimes everybody cries, Well everybody hurts sometimes,Well everybody hurts sometime. So Hold On, hold on, hold on,hold on  Everybody Hurts, You Are Not Alone.                                           

Honored Contributor

Whenever I watched Anthony Bourdain's shows, I came away intellectually and spiritually invigorated because of the genuine way he connected with his hosts and host country.  Always so polite and enthusiastic!

To be honest, I have been concerned about his appearance for a while.  It wasn't just that he had slimmed down to ripped abs and all that (which can be seen as healthy, right?).  It was his coloring that disturbed me.  He looked unhealthy to my eyes -- did not look like the person who started his series of eye-opening adventures. 

My most recent thoughts about him were that his intestinal system must be taking a real hit because of the unusual carcasses and organ meats he has been indulging in all over the world.  Little did I know that he had a boatload of personal demons.  (Many of us have them but perhaps not as many, and we are not relentlessly under public scrutiny.)

May God rest his soul and bless all those who loved him sincerely and deeply.  He is the sort of guy you would miss on the most profound level, I believe.    At a distance, I will certainly miss him and his spirit of love and adventure. 

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

I read the post about Norman Vincent Peale's book on one of the other threads about this subject earlier this week. It was removed and in staying with the forum's guidelines, it should be ok to provide a link.  Comfort for Survivors

@goldensrbest  @apple1964  @dooBdoo  @LTT1  thinking of you. Thank you.

Thank you, @Tique.❤️   (((hugs)))   In addition to your link, here's a copy-and-paste link for his full text:

heartbeatsurvivorsaftersuicide.org/materials/when_someone_takes_his_own_life.htm

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Re: Anthony Bourdain commits suicide

@OKPrincess wrote:

After a failed attempt last year by my 39-year old daughter, she said “guilt” of disappointing loved ones led to her choice. Even though she was taking meds and regular support groups weekly, something can trigger a person to the point of no return. Not sure what triggered her but without an absolutely loving husband and my faith in God I’m not so sure I’d be here today. That’s why I mentioned before that I live in fear.

@OKPrincess

So sorry to hear that about your daughter.  My prayers go out to her and to you.........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Yes, @OKPrincess, I echo @Spurt and send prayers for your daughter's health and well-being, and that of you and your family.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell @Spurt Thank you for your kindness. I used my DD as an example that there are other reasons for attempts on life. In her case, she said guilt and didn’t want to live that way anymore. 

Maybe these victims are on medications and seek help or weekly meetings, but an event or word can trigger the emotions and there you go. 

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. My prayers go out to these families and others who are struggling.

Honored Contributor

I never cared for him, thought him a show off, so I don't mourn his loss but I'm sure his young daughter does. She deserved better.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@OKPrincess wrote:

After a failed attempt last year by my 39-year old daughter, she said “guilt” of disappointing loved ones led to her choice. Even though she was taking meds and regular support groups weekly, something can trigger a person to the point of no return. Not sure what triggered her but without an absolutely loving husband and my faith in God I’m not so sure I’d be here today. That’s why I mentioned before that I live in fear.

(((@OKPrincess))),   I was already on the verge of more tears...   your post makes me weep.    I will add you and your dear daughter to my prayers.   I'm also praying for @apple1964@goldensrbest, and all who know this darkness.    I'm sorry if I omitted anyone -- these past few days have been beyond difficult but I don't want to leave anyone out.

Gratitude, too, to those who continue to take time to share insight and information -- we are in this together, and we do have a genuine, tangible connection even over the miles and cyberwaves.

❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

He seemed like such a real person,a caring man, and so able to connect to people, so sad over his death, i really liked him, you saw not only the countries,and food but how he connected with the people from there.Woman Sad

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.