Honored Contributor

Re: Anthony Bourdain commits suicide

@GingerPeach wrote:

@OKPrincess

My heart goes out to you.  I have a DD about the same age and it would be unimaginable to not have her in my life.  I hope all is well forevermore.  Heart

Thank you. I still have her but it’s up to her how the story ends. 

We may really never know why Kate and Anthony chose to end their life but apparently their pain was so great not even their young children could save them. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Honored Contributor

Re: Anthony Bourdain dead of apparent suicide

@SeaMaiden wrote:

To me, taking your own life is the most puzzling thing I can think of that a person can do.

I think our entire lives we FIGHT TO LIVE. Life from birth is a fight to live..... we get sick and our bodies fight to get better.... it heals itself from a wound... 

and to kill yourself is so going against what we innately are.   

I just can not imagine feeling so so bad that you do not want to live.... that in itself is hard to fathom. Life is so precious and such a gift. And so many people who want to live have their lives cut short..... 

and to take your life..... just so wrong.   and so sad.... it does not fix anything but creates more saddness......

Something failed somewhere.... 

@SeaMaiden, it does fix something for the person. Whatever demons were making life unbearable are now silenced.

I enjoyed the posting here of John Donne's "For Whom the Bell Tolls," which beautifully describes the community of man. Sad to say, though, that suicide is the epitome of a man who is an island entire of himself. A person in such straits sees only the walls around him closing in.

It is for us "who are involved in mankind" to toll the bells.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, suicide begets other suicides.  This is so beyond sad.  I'm in total shock about this as this man appeared to be so thrilled to be a part of all the adventures that he participated in.

He had a great job, a girlfriend that he adored, and he just didn't appear to have any mental health issues--unlike Kate Spade who unfortunately had bipolar disorder.  I could not even believe it when I heard this early today.

He truly seemed to be in a great place with his career and family.   I loved watching his adventures.  He truly appeared to live wtih the locals while in their domain and relished in learning about new cultures and food.

WHAT A LOSS!!  Prayers to him and his family!

I do not know this man, but I, myself, am heartbroken!!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I'm speechless.

@Caaareful Shopper

This is such a shock to me as well!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

I never cared for him, thought him a show off, so I don't mourn his loss but I'm sure his young daughter does. She deserved better.

This is inappropriate. I just think it's highly inapproriate. 

Your response is extremely insensitive. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 You moved me. The guy had openly discussed his problems with depression and heroin and cocaine addiction. He himself readily admitted that he had these demons. I am so sorry that they got the best of him, as they are known to do. I await true solutions to these problems. I suspect it will only come in the form of genetic engineering.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

@dooBdoo Thank you for your kind words. I’ve never discussed this before. But I felt “led” to share my experience and there’s another angle as to why people commit or attempt suicide. Yes we can learn from others.

You are very brave, @OKPrincess.  Thank you.

❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Thanks a lot @Beth-QVC for devaluing my input.

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox

My whole family feels as your DH feels.  He was unique.

(was????)

His appreciation and respect for other cultures was

wonderful. 

He knew who was doing the hard work in all the kitchens

across America.

It is such a loss.  Very hard.