Honored Contributor

Re: Another thing wrong, thanks to adults & their issues

@Preds wrote:

Can't carry that, but let's play current music in our schools.  Let's take down all our history and ban books.  Let's all dance to a new tune and live with it.  To heck with the past.  It's all about the future ... which looks very sad in my eyes and I'm not that old.  Where is the respect for our "generation"?  I can respect the '40's, '50's, 60's, '70's and everything now, but it's getting out of hand.  JMO, but it's overboard people!  Stop the madness!

Agree, Preds.

(kisses to Buster, BTW)

Especially when banning positive images/things  that empower girls!

Actually, children in general.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anniecamp wrote:

That's just ridiculous.  However, regarding WW, I always wondered why, in the day and age of trying to teach females that they are more than their bodies, not s*x objects, and so on, why did they make WW to look like what is 98% impossible for most girls?  Why does she have to look like she has implants?

I think that most of us - including myself, whose boobies are still an AA/A! lol - didn't think about or dwell on that issue.

But girls and women have always been held to unrealistic standards.

Usually since hetero males are making the decisions.

And it unfortunately gets worse each year,  as human beings become even more superficial and judgy.  Woman Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

Jubilant mentioned Mighty Mouse.  I actually thought about him too when I read the opening post.  Interestingly, as we try to control more and more, our society has become even more violent.  Thank goodness I grew up in a different time!

Respected Contributor

@Anniecamp wrote:

That's just ridiculous.  However, regarding WW, I always wondered why, in the day and age of trying to teach females that they are more than their bodies, not s*x objects, and so on, why did they make WW to look like what is 98% impossible for most girls?  Why does she have to look like she has implants?

Because she's drawn by men?  

Esteemed Contributor

That's ridiculous! People are offended by everything now days. There is nothing wrong with that lunchbox IMO!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

Don't you wonder how we made it to adulthood.  I'm so tired of having to be politically correct.  I hope there will be a backlash eventually.

Honored Contributor

A lot of these "characters", if not all, back in the 50's and 60's also stood for good winning over evil.  When I stop to think about how I saw it as a kid, that's all I can come up with. That.... and my lunch box meant....  lunch!  I chose the red plaid for my accessory....LOL!

Frequent Contributor

Makes me think about the first few opening scenes of "The Giver" where everyone is dressed alike and talks alike.  I don't condone or support violence of any kind.  But how in the world do they think eliminating super hero lunchboxes is going to help anything when kids are exposed to violence all day long - at home and at school - and we do nothing to equip them with the tools they need to deal with it.  Because if we did, we'd actually have to talk about the violence which is also taboo. 

Poor kids.  If they don't have well equiped parents, how are they suppose to learn how to deal with the world?  I learned some incredible life lessons from some wonderful teachers.

Honored Contributor

It's a good thing I don't have kids because I would just dress my daughter in a WW costume and have her re-enact the same poses.  I would then buy a create your own lunchbox on Zazzle and upload the pics onto it.  I would then send her back to school with the new lunch box and wait for their next letter.  

Honored Contributor

We've done this to ourselves.  Everyone who quacks right along with this politically correct junk.

People get their feelings hurt.  That's a fact whether it's sad or not.

This is just a prime example for political correctness going crazy.

Sit down, strap in people because this is just the beginning, unfortunately.

My guess is that it's going to get a lot worse.  We are now in a society where the minority speaks for the majority. 

I'm hoping the SILENT MAJORITY will wake up.  It's getting scary out here when a little kid can't carrry this lunch box!

Instead of saying, "It's crazy", call your Senators and Congressmen and tell them you think it's stupid.  If enough people call and make waves things can change.

I live in a town when they listen to the people who live there.  We have some major issues that surround our little town (city within the town) but we are a group of people who make change happen.

You'd be surprised at how far your voice will carry if you just speak out to the right people.