Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another theater shooting :(

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Terrible, hope the injured are not serious.

Thought they had pretty strict gun ownership laws.

And your point?

Well everytime a shooting occurs the discussion automatically goes to gun control/ownership.  So here we are.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

OMG...what is this world coming to?

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

It just seems that no matter how strict the gun ownership laws, if a lunatic wants to get their hands on a gun, they will find a way. Sad, but true.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

Just guessing that the bad guys don't give up their guns. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

And your point?

Strict laws are not obeyed by all and that is everywhere in the world. 

Oh I see. So I guess we should get rid of Gun Laws all together? Because gun owners can say see I told you so. So sick of this.

Unless you are an active Military member or LE. Your right to a gun that shoots more then 5 bullets does not supersede my right to live. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Respected Contributor

Oh I see. So I guess we should get rid of Gun Laws all together? Because gun owners can say see I told you so. So sick of this.

Unless you are an active Military member or LE. Your right to a gun that shoots more then 5 bullets does not supersede my right to live. 

Why 5?  That means 5 people could die by that gun.  Why should that be legal?

Esteemed Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

And your point?

Strict laws are not obeyed by all and that is everywhere in the world. 

That may be true if you were the 6th person, to bad for the first 5 huh.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

Well if we are so concerned about bad guys having guns, why can't we reinstate Stop and Frisk.  It's already illegal for known felons to possess guns - so why can't we search them to see if they are complying?  Why do their rights supercede those of innocent people.

The Washington Post has a recent story about kids being shot by stray bullets in their homes, on the street etc.  Why don't we care about that?

Esteemed Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

Well if we are so concerned about bad guys having guns, why can't we reinstate Stop and Frisk.  It's already illegal for known felons to possess guns - so why can't we search them to see if they are complying?  Why do their rights supercede those of innocent people.

The Washington Post has a recent story about kids being shot by stray bullets in their homes, on the street etc.  Why don't we care about that?

1.  The only way you can know someone is a felon is by stopping them and checking.  This is against my constitutional right (and yours) to be stopped having done nothing.

Your S&F point is moot.

I am only familiar with a couple of states that have S&F, do you live in one?  You can't just stop people to see if their criminals.

*Call Tyrone*