Respected Contributor

Re: Another supply chain issue?

@Oldfaithful wrote:
Trying to create a panic. Hopefully we've learned our lesson (me anyway)

Agree 100% @Oldfaithful .  I'm not one to lose my head over a strike IF or when it happens. You just deal with it. smh

Honored Contributor

I haven't given much thought to the UPS strike in terms of supply chain.  I just hope they can reach an agreement that works for everyone. 

On supply chain issues in general, I don't think they have recovered yet from Covid.  At least in my area.

As I did long before Covid, for years, which ended up helping immensely during Covid when there were shortages, I always make sure to have enough toilet paper on hand and food in the pantry and freezer so that I would be ok for a time if there were massive shortages.  

I always have some cash and I refill my medications as soon as insurance lets me so that I build up a little bit of a supply on those. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@ManyMeows wrote:

🦄  🐪  🦄  🐫  🦄   🐫  🦄 

Nothing to worry about here. QVC has their very own fleet lined up and ready to rock n roll.

@ManyMeows   🤣

Don't forget 🐢 and 🐌

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm someone who is involved with distribution and continues to suffer after the mess of the initial supply chain issues during Covid. FedEx has already stated that they could not pick up all of the slack if this strike does happen. UPS remains the biggest carrier. UPS has been trying to train non-union emplyees in case of a strike.  Mark my words that this will have a profound effect on supply chains and the economy in general if it happens and would get worse dependiing on how long the strike lasts. Talks are supposed resume this week and I am hoping that they can resolve things.  People think that everything is OK now but it isn't.  The fallout from the pandemic is very real and continues.  People have got to take a look at the bigger picture and not just what affects them on a personal level. 

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think other shippers and ups non-strikers will take up the slack.

UPS has 500,000 employees worldwide, delivers 24M packages per day and has 125,000 ground vehicles ahd more than 500 aiircraft.

Who is going to pick up that slack?  😳

I think @Kachina624 has a scooter, maybe she will be helping out.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'm not a "the sky is falling" type of person.  I'm enjoying my summer and my life as it is NOW.  IF UPS strikes, I'll deal with the repercussions if/when they happen. 

Oh, you will be one of the first to complain when it happens. 

Honored Contributor

Both parties are returning to the negotiating table Tuesday, July 25. Hopefully, they can work something out.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'm not a "the sky is falling" type of person.  I'm enjoying my summer and my life as it is NOW.  IF UPS strikes, I'll deal with the repercussions if/when they happen. 

Oh, you will be one of the first to complain when it happens. 

Obviously you don't me....lol.