Respected Contributor

Re: Another store closing - AC Moore Crafts☹️

The one AC Moore store near us closed a few short years (3 years maybe) after it opened in a brand new strip mall.  Couldn't compete with a Michaels and JoAnn fabrics so close to it I guess. Have always liked these 2 stores more than  AC Moore.  Their stock was not as large or varied as Michaels and the staff there didn't seem as knowledgable as Michaels and JoAnns.

Honored Contributor

The last time I was in Michaels I noticed it had turned into a junky version of Hobby Lobby and was very, very messy.

It gave me anxiety, I had to leave.

Honored Contributor

I never saw this thread and learned that A C Moore is liquidating soon when I was in there.

I only go there once a year for Make and Mold vanilla flavored white chocolate which make amazing white pretzels.   I looked for the same item on amazon and the $1.99 on sale package is $8.99!!!

I always preferred Michael's.  As far as I know, they're staying.   

Trusted Contributor

It's sad how many businesses are pulling out in my area of PA. A.C. Moore is one. Lots of jobs are low paying, ppl are buying their groceries online and shopping/delivery persons are needed. That will be the next big thing but I doubt it pays much.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1  I was at our AC Moore earlier this week and saw the store closing signs. I was very lucky to pick up some spring candle rings at a very good price and a winter arrangement at 80% off. I always thought AC Moore had more reasonable pricing than Michaels. Sorry to see them go.

Honored Contributor

The one in my neighborhood has only been open for a few months, brand new store. 

Honored Contributor

Our Michael's closed & reopened in a new outside mall.

I am very disappointed in the new store.  It's dark, uninviting & limited things -- the store that closed was just the opposite and bigger.

I only went there once during the Christmas season & they didn't have what I wanted.  I went to Hobby Lobby paid double🤔

The manager told me this store is smaller and "catering" to those who shop online & pickup in store. (this must be true since most discounts & coupons are for this).