Regular Contributor

Another shipping mishap THIS TIME SLEEP NUMBER BED

Wondering if anyone else in dilemma. Ordered the king split. I was told at time of ordering that everything would arrive together and that I would be notified prior to delivery  to coordinate availability for acceptance and set up.  A message was left yesterday stating error in shipping. One box being sent separately.   5 boxes being delivered via UPS today. Base shipped out separately in error. 

WHAT HAPPENED YO THE PHONE CALL I WAS TOLD I WOULD RECEIVe  to coordinate. To say I am annoyed is to put it mildly. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Another shipping mishap THIS TIME SLEEP NUMBER BED

You really should write to Customer Care.

Honored Contributor

@pggoody wrote:

Wondering if anyone else in dilemma. Ordered the king split. I was told at time of ordering that everything would arrive together and that I would be notified prior to delivery  to coordinate availability for acceptance and set up.  A message was left yesterday stating error in shipping. One box being sent separately.   5 boxes being delivered via UPS today. Base shipped out separately in error. 

WHAT HAPPENED YO THE PHONE CALL I WAS TOLD I WOULD RECEIVe  to coordinate. To say I am annoyed is to put it mildly. 

@pggoody  Do not buy a bed from a shopping network....buy it locally and deal with problems locally.....much easier to fix.. Lesson learned.

Esteemed Contributor

@pggoody  So over the weekend five boxes will just sit around your home because the last box isn't there? CALL QVC & SLEEP NUMBER BEDS . . . and complain! Or, refuse shipment of the boxes. What a PITA. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

About 2 months ago, we went shopping at the local sleep number store; turns out there was a "sale" going on only to find out that the day we were there, was the last day of the "sale".  When purchasing a big ticket item, we take time to talk about those purchases before being pushed into a "fast sale".

When arriving home, the next day something just said "go to Q and check out their prices on the bed" which I did.  Normally, I would not order a bed from a shopping channel; HOWEVER, the same bed at Q was $1500 less than the store plus they offered 9 EZ pays which certainly helps.

I ordered it online and waited a few days and noticed it was still "in process", so I called just to make sure of what was going on.  I was told by CS that someone would be calling us to set up a time for delivery (nothing was said about any sort of setup) because someone had to be home to sign for all of the boxes.

We NEVER received any call from anyone; however, I noticed the next day they shipped via UPS so we kept track of them online and it gave a delivery date.  We made arrangements for one of us to be home to accept all of the boxes.

OP, I would HIGHLY suggest you contact them by phone and find out the status and take detailed notes.  We are very happy with ours (we got one with the adjustable part).  My husband had no problem reading the directions and getting it set up.

I wish you luck and hope you get it all worked out; with the 9 EZ pays and the $1500 we saved, we are happy with ours.

Oops, forgot to say if you got the split king, you do not need to buy the expensive sheets; we found extra long twin sheets locally for much less $ and also a mattress pad for each one.  I wouldn't waste $ on their expensive sheets and they didn't get great reviews.

Valued Contributor

@pggoodyMy full size modular bed came in packages 2 days apart. I was able to put the base together one night, but no mattress until the naxt day. I don't think they were supposed to call back then, because it was delivered by UPS and left on my porch. Fortunately I had an Aero bed so once the bed was put together, I used that for a matress. I had also bought the legs for the bed, why are they extra? And the one leg had a mark where the mounting hole should have been, but hadn't been drilled. That took extra time while I got the leg drilled so it could be attached. I love my bed, don't get me wrong, but the two different shipments and the fixing of mistakes were an added challenge. Things happen, I get that. Why one box wasn't on the same truck as the others, I don't know. But, it wasn't the 2 or 3 hour assembly that they suggested. I wouldn't order anything that someone else has to put together. If I bought something like that it would be from a local company so I could make sure they would have to take care of any problems right away.

Honored Contributor

I don't own a Sleep Number bed but I did order a Simmons set from Evine two years ago. They called a few days before delivery to let me know when to expect my set then the morning of delivery I was called twice, once for approximate time and the next to tell me that they were ten minutes away. Two delivery people came and set up my new bed and would not accept a tip. They took all boxes and wrappings with them when they left. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson