Honored Contributor

Re: Another school shooting this time in Texas

@hckynutjohn wrote:

Fentanyl poisoning killed 106,000 last year, and they weren't the Seniors Citizens in society. Ever wonder why we seem to see little media about those deaths?

hckynut  🇺🇸

What is wrong with you?  This is so inappropriate 

Esteemed Contributor

Heartbreaking.  I just hope this does not get political and we as a country work together to fix it.  In our present climate secure and locked doors as well as security devices and guards seem to be the first step. Sad

Trusted Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@BoopOMatic wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

I wish we could repeal the 2nd amendment.

Brilliant idea. Let the criminals and govt have the guns and leave law abiding citizens with nothing. So short-sighted. smh

@ThinkingOutLoud   I don't need a gun for anything.  I have never needed a gun for anything.  I don't have any family or friends that need a gun.  So I don't know why you're shaking your head over the original post and trying to dismiss her post.  

I just read a story the other day about a woman in San Antonio who used her firearm to shoot an intruder and defend her own life, are you saying she had no right to do so? If she hadn't been armed she likely would've been murdered in her own home.

That woman's personal rights don't come before the right of an innocent child to survive their day at school. The life of the child should be the priority.

That makes absolutely no sense.  

That's so sad! Maybe one day you can understand why children should be protected from from shooters and other predators. But I can't teach you something like that. It's kind of fundamental. Either that value makes sense to you, or it doesn't.

I can protect my children with my guns, but thanks so much for always trying to impose your views on others. 

Really? How about when they are sitting in a classroom, and an armed terrorist enters the building?

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Valued Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

wish all u want  people will still own guns as I myself do as a 78 year old grandma. I also have a permit to carry a concealed weapon. There is no way to stop the bad or the mentally ill from getting a gun. I bet I could go up on the streets of Seattle and let it be known I want a 9mm for a good price, I would have one within an hour. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@paixmcdao wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@BoopOMatic wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

Brilliant idea. Let the criminals and govt have the guns and leave law abiding citizens with nothing. So short-sighted. smh

@ThinkingOutLoud   I don't need a gun for anything.  I have never needed a gun for anything.  I don't have any family or friends that need a gun.  So I don't know why you're shaking your head over the original post and trying to dismiss her post.  

I just read a story the other day about a woman in San Antonio who used her firearm to shoot an intruder and defend her own life, are you saying she had no right to do so? If she hadn't been armed she likely would've been murdered in her own home.

That woman's personal rights don't come before the right of an innocent child to survive their day at school. The life of the child should be the priority.

That makes absolutely no sense.  

That's so sad! Maybe one day you can understand why children should be protected from from shooters and other predators. But I can't teach you something like that. It's kind of fundamental. Either that value makes sense to you, or it doesn't.

I can protect my children with my guns, but thanks so much for always trying to impose your views on others. 

Really? How about when they are sitting in a classroom, and an armed terrorist enters the building?

I was responding to the post about the woman defending her children in her home. ETA And I would be happy to have armed teachers for the scenarios you asked about.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu 

School boards and states have had years to implement  measures. here we are again  and will likely hear there were many issues not addressed with the shooter by the school and his guardians.

QVC Customer Care

In support of the victims and families of the tragic shooting in Texas this post will remain closed.

Thank you for your compassion. 

~Paulette