Honored Contributor

Re: Another school shooting this time in Texas

Round up your guns and get to your bunkers

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@soonersis wrote:

Other countries don't have guns like we do and they don't have these mass shootings like we do.  

And they also can't defend themselves against a tyrannical gvt.

I'm worried about the crazies or evil people getting guns, not my government.

Respected Contributor

@BoopOMatic wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

I wish we could repeal the 2nd amendment.

Brilliant idea. Let the criminals and govt have the guns and leave law abiding citizens with nothing. So short-sighted. smh

@ThinkingOutLoud   I don't need a gun for anything.  I have never needed a gun for anything.  I don't have any family or friends that need a gun.  So I don't know why you're shaking your head over the original post and trying to dismiss her post.  

I just read a story the other day about a woman in San Antonio who used her firearm to shoot an intruder and defend her own life, are you saying she had no right to do so? If she hadn't been armed she likely would've been murdered in her own home.

@BoopOMatic  No that is not what I said.   I thought what I posted was pretty simple so that people could understand.   At any rate, let me repeat my original post:  

I don't need a gun for anything.  I have never needed a gun for anything.  I don't have any family or friends that need a gun.  So I don't know why you're shaking your head over the original post and trying to dismiss her post.

Let me add that I am over 70 years old and and still have never thought for one second that I needed a gun.

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@BoopOMatic wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

Brilliant idea. Let the criminals and govt have the guns and leave law abiding citizens with nothing. So short-sighted. smh

@ThinkingOutLoud   I don't need a gun for anything.  I have never needed a gun for anything.  I don't have any family or friends that need a gun.  So I don't know why you're shaking your head over the original post and trying to dismiss her post.  

I just read a story the other day about a woman in San Antonio who used her firearm to shoot an intruder and defend her own life, are you saying she had no right to do so? If she hadn't been armed she likely would've been murdered in her own home.

That woman's personal rights don't come before the right of an innocent child to survive their day at school. The life of the child should be the priority.

That makes absolutely no sense.  

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoudThat's enough! You are the problem!

You and people like you! Get out of the country if you hate it so much!

And here too with your taunting.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

OK, then give everyone a musket.  The Founding Fathers could not have foreseen the types of weapons available today.  

Absolutely! if its not specifically stated by the founders, than it can't be constitutional. Since the founders could only foresee muskets for a well armed MILITIA, that is exactly what we should have. No more. No less.

Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Cakers3   Some times I have no idea what you're talking about.

@RoughDraft   I was responding to what you posted upthread about the woman who shot the intruder.

Your quote:

Something is missing here and I'll point it out.  The woman who defended herself in her own home against an intruder.  All well and good.

I merely added that she had her 3 young children with her in the house.

Just adding to the story.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

For the record, what has taken place today is beyond words and I feel so sorry for all those affected.

Let's keep in mind though that guns are not the problem. Nor are the laws. Just like cars - people speed, run red lights, ignore stop signs, drive while drunk, etc and people die because of it. Cars and laws aren't the issue - certain people are.

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@BoopOMatic wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

That woman's personal rights don't come before the right of an innocent child to survive their day at school. The life of the child should be the priority.

That's so sad! Maybe one day you can understand why children should be protected from from shooters and other predators. But I can't teach you something like that. It's kind of fundamental. Either that value makes sense to you, or it doesn't.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@BoopOMatic wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

That's so sad! Maybe one day you can understand why children should be protected from from shooters and other predators. But I can't teach you something like that. It's kind of fundamental. Either that value makes sense to you, or it doesn't.

I can protect my children with my guns, but thanks so much for always trying to impose your views on others. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt