Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another really stupid review

Instead of calling reviews "stupid", it would be a bit more adult to refer to them as "less than helpful". Wording is everything.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

On 1/13/2015 Smaug said:
On 1/13/2015 Sooner said:
On 1/13/2015 SuiGeneris said:

I think I may have found the review.

I remembered from reading past postings that HH preferred Travelon and Vera Bradley handbags over leather handbags. So I did a search on both brands of purses, specifying a 13½" width and found this Vera Bradley handbag (item #A260649). It took me about 20 minutes to find it:

Vera Bradley Microfiber Medium Bowler Bag with Coin Purse

Here is the review:

Nice Handbag -- Posted by LosAngelesgal -- 10-29-14

<em>"This is a nice handbag. I bought it in black. I think the quality of the fabric is very good, but the only thing I didn't like was that the inside of the pockets are lined with a plastic type fabric and there is an odor. I don't know if the odor is from the plastic or the microfiber fabric. It kind of smells like rubber. I think the front pocket could have been a little bigger. I can barely fit my hand inside it to retrieve my phone. I'm unsure if I could recommend it to a friend because of the smell. I'm hoping the smell will fade as I use it. I still think it's a nice handbag and plan to keep it. "</em>
<em><br /></em>
The problem with HH's rendition of this review [if, in fact, it is the correct one -- and believe me, I read at least 60-70 reviews] is that the reviewer is speaking of the flat pocket on the front of the purse, not the 13½" zippered portion on the main body of the purse. So this entire brouhaha has been "much ado about nothing."
<em><br /></em>
I suppose I will be on HH's "ignore list" now.
<br />
At least I'll be in good company. <em>{#emotions_dlg.laugh}<br /></em>

I have this exact bag in this exact color and I like it a lot. Who knew? LOL!!

I thought it was a front pocket. HA!

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Again so much ado about nothing

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

On 1/13/2015 Newnick ame said: Shoutout to maryebrown- just want to wish you LOTS of luck with your search! This is a yucky time of year in the NE and even worse when you're trying to find employment. Hope you'll at least have some sunshine today, even with the cold. Smiley Happy

Thanks so much! I really appreciate your shoutout about my search, since the job offerings are slim pickens in my area...it's difficult to get hyped up about going to each facility and "selling myself" like I did, almost 7 years ago in Orlando. The weather there made the job search must easier, PLUS I was younger then. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

It was very chilly today (although the sun finally came out, but it was not "plugged in")... It was still freezing cold, and tomorrow we "may" dodge the snow bullet (depending on the track of the storm in NC/Southern VA)...I wish it was warmer, it makes the Job Hunt easier. Smile I am 'keeping my dobber up' (my late Dad's most famous words) -- and I'll be keeping a positive VP during my application/interview processes. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

On 1/12/2015 croemer said:
On 1/12/2015 maryebrown said:

Hi marye...how are ya!

Hey croemer, I'm doin' good! Smile Thx for asking {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I took a break from the boards (especially VP) for a few months, rarely posting. I was very busy, working crazy hours in a new job (that I have since left), so I'm very busy, looking for a New Job, in this crazy weather we are having in the Mid-Atlantic area. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Going out tomorrow, armed w/ my resumes, and checking them out - wish me luck !!! Wink

Best of luck GF!! Hope you find the perfect fit.

I have missed you.

Thanks so much, croemer! I've missed you & Scottie, along with the other regulars on the VP forum, who have brought Their Humor to the threads, everyday ! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I'll keep you updated on "my status" - (Oh, that sounds sooo Facebook-ish) {#emotions_dlg.scared} {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

On 1/13/2015 twopeas said:

Instead of calling reviews "stupid", it would be a bit more adult to refer to them as "less than helpful". Wording is everything.

I agree with you, but WORDING is not the OP's strong point...{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Valued Contributor

On 1/13/2015 maryebrown said:

Hi marye...how are ya!

I took a break from the boards (especially VP) for a few months, rarely posting. I was very busy, working crazy hours in a new job (that I have since left), so I'm very busy, looking for a New Job, in this crazy weather we are having in the Mid-Atlantic area. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Going out tomorrow, armed w/ my resumes, and checking them out - wish me luck !!! Wink

I have missed you.

Thanks so much, croemer! I've missed you & Scottie, along with the other regulars on the VP forum, who have brought Their Humor to the threads, everyday ! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I'll keep you updated on "my status" - (Oh, that sounds sooo Facebook-ish) {#emotions_dlg.scared} {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Just wanted to wish maryebrown good luck! Keep us updated!

Super Contributor

On 1/13/2015 HisElk said:
On 1/13/2015 maryebrown said:

Hi marye...how are ya!

I have missed you.

Just wanted to wish maryebrown good luck! Keep us updated!

Thanks so much, HisElk! Update today: dismal.

However, as my (late) Dad used to say, "Keep your Dobber Up!" -- Tomorrow's another day, and I'm dropping by one place and mailing out another resume. Smile

Honored Contributor

Well darn...hang your head high and keep going Marye! We will say a pray for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

On 1/13/2015 Smaug said:
On 1/13/2015 Sooner said:
On 1/13/2015 SuiGeneris said:

I think I may have found the review.

I remembered from reading past postings that HH preferred Travelon and Vera Bradley handbags over leather handbags. So I did a search on both brands of purses, specifying a 13½" width and found this Vera Bradley handbag (item #A260649). It took me about 20 minutes to find it:

Vera Bradley Microfiber Medium Bowler Bag with Coin Purse

Here is the review:

Nice Handbag -- Posted by LosAngelesgal -- 10-29-14

<em>"This is a nice handbag. I bought it in black. I think the quality of the fabric is very good, but the only thing I didn't like was that the inside of the pockets are lined with a plastic type fabric and there is an odor. I don't know if the odor is from the plastic or the microfiber fabric. It kind of smells like rubber. I think the front pocket could have been a little bigger. I can barely fit my hand inside it to retrieve my phone. I'm unsure if I could recommend it to a friend because of the smell. I'm hoping the smell will fade as I use it. I still think it's a nice handbag and plan to keep it. "</em>
<em><br /></em>
The problem with HH's rendition of this review [if, in fact, it is the correct one -- and believe me, I read at least 60-70 reviews] is that the reviewer is speaking of the flat pocket on the front of the purse, not the 13½" zippered portion on the main body of the purse. So this entire brouhaha has been "much ado about nothing."
<em><br /></em>
I suppose I will be on HH's "ignore list" now.
<br />
At least I'll be in good company. <em>{#emotions_dlg.laugh}<br /></em>

I have this exact bag in this exact color and I like it a lot. Who knew? LOL!!

I thought it was a front pocket. HA!

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Lol!

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Super Contributor

No item#, could it be the review never happened? Just wondering!