Honored Contributor

Another phony email. Just warning others. Screenshot

[ Edited ]

3C41EEAF-F7B5-4FBF-B478-384A42064BC9.pngI forwarded this to Amazon's stop spoofing email address, stop-spoofing@amazon.com.

Honored Contributor

Re: Another phony email. Just warning others. Screenshot

I give props for the "kuku" email.

I just got a Georgia Opinion Survey in the mail that I was specially selected to give my opinion.  I got a login and password to tell all about myself by July 13th.

Are these people kidding me?  Good for you for reporting it.  

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D I get those now and then and do the same thing.

Hard to believe people still fall for this stuff.

Frequent Contributor

have probably received a dozen or more of these. So annoying! Whatever you do DON'T open the attachment. Just delete the email.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Loves Purple wrote:

have probably received a dozen or more of these. So annoying! Whatever you do DON'T open the attachment. Just delete the email.  

@Loves Purple 

Thats EXCELLENT advice, but I would forward it to Amazon as Mindy said to stop-spoofing@amazon.com.  You see mighty Amazon likes to take their time with spoofing and hacking issues....the more complaints, the more it will light a fire under Amazon to shut it down.......

Just like the security gap that hackers used on the UK login to get into the U.S. side of their website...google it...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Loves Purple wrote:

@Loves Purple 

Thats EXCELLENT advice, but I would forward it to Amazon as Mindy said to stop-spoofing@amazon.com.  You see mighty Amazon likes to take their time with spoofing and hacking issues....the more complaints, the more it will light a fire under Amazon to shut it down.......

Just like the security gap that hackers used on the UK login to get into the U.S. side of their website...google it...

The Amazon company does get the forward with my full name and email address. Amazon already responded with a letter of thank you to me. They don't like this either. They have a fraud department. It's not easy to track down and shut down these things because they often come from foreign criminals. 

Trusted Contributor

The fact that it starts with Customer Amazon, instead of Amazon Customer would be enough for me to stop.

Trusted Contributor

Lucky me ... I won a free TV the other day.  I just needed to confirm a few things ... Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

The fact that it starts with Customer Amazon, instead of Amazon Customer would be enough for me to stop.

It also says Monday, July 1, 2020....Cat Frustrated

I'm not short...I'm fun size!