Honored Contributor

Re: Another option besides Amazon?

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe 

We have had problems getting refunds on food items. The coffee DH ordered had a hole in the seal so he asked for a refund. He was told they don't refund food items. He told them if it's open or damaged I want a refund. He was given a one time refund as a courtesy???

This is what is says on Amazon site. We do order ships & sold by Amazon. 

This info is to the right of the product under buy it now or add to cart.

Ships from Amazon.com

Sold by Amazon.comReturns

Non-returnable due to Food safety reasons
This item is non-returnable due to potential safety risk associated with this ingestible product type, but if the item arrives damaged or defective, you may request a refund or replacement. Read full return policy.
Honored Contributor

I only place Amazon orders once a month or less, so I can easily wait to have $35 to get free shipping.  I dont find them to have good prices on many things, I can do much better elsewhere. And I dont like that they allow the vendors to decrease and increase their prices every hour on the hour !!!

Honored Contributor

Many products I have gotten on Amazon I have been getting directly from the manufacturer.  Some beauty products , gourmet food, nuts, dried fruits, canned food. I even buy my saices from RAOS directly from them. If you buy enough no shipping price is the same and they usually have deals.  A % off, discount for free samples and gift wrapping 

Honored Contributor

I order a lot from Amazon .. and have monthly subscriptions for just about everything I use regularly. Big aacings over supermarket and Walgreens / hardware store prices, etc etc. I save money and time with Amazon Prime.
Honored Contributor

I like Amazon's subscription option. I like the cash back Prime CC, the fast shipping, the notification of price reductions on items I've previously purchased or ones I've saved, and the large inventory.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz   They gave you the refund, so I don't see that as a problem.  What they said is a script.  One does have to ask to get the refund.  If one asks, and doesn't get it, that is a problem.  I would take the problem to my credit card.  They would make it right.  Have done that in the past.

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I love Amazon, my spirit animal as I like to jokingly say. I have been a member for at least 20 years. The Prime membership of $139.00 plus tax, is well worth it. I order items every other week. So far this year I have purchased 23 items. I can have items delivered to my front door on my Amazon day that I selected, or to an Amazon Locker.

The few times that I have had to return an item. I simply head over to the UPS store that's about a mile from my home, drop it off, where the item is boxed and a label placed on it by the employees.  The money is promptly put back into my account within the same day. 

The selection is tremendous, and I have to say one of the biggest perks available. Do they always have the least expensive item. No, but sometimes it's the convenience factor for me. 

The other perks, movies, shows, and books to purchase and download to my Kindle when I travel.

Well it's a lot of bang for my buck and well worth the money. IMO. 

The same with me.  My husband started ordering years ago.  Then I started.  Love Amazon.  We were one of the first members of Prime.  

Respected Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:

The cost of Amazon Prime is well worth it.  No sky rocketing price imo.  Fast delivery, many times in one day instead of the 2 day.  Vast selection, great prices, Free shipping plus all the other perks.  I also use their CC when making purchases and get a percentage or points back. I forget which it is.  So very happy with Amazon Prime. Have had it for many years and see no reason to stop.

Yes @Rockycoast  I'm starting to get same day shipping too.  I love it.  Returns are so easy.  Just drop off a box without label.  Show a picture of the scan on your phone and I get my money returned within one day.  Great.  UPS is tops in my opinion.  Many workers, eager to help and it's fast.

Respected Contributor

I use it for Lancome, all high end make up products too.  Same or next day shipping. Same price, same colors.  Easier than a trip to Macy's, etc or ordering online.  Especially in this heat.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know how they magically do this with same day delivery but it get's done. Maybe they have a Doordash or Uber driver pick up things at Bloomingdales, Macy's etc but they do.  Location is important too of course. And they have many competitive sales on high end clothing as well.  Check out Theory, etcetera.  Shopbop is their sister store for clothing.  2 day arrivals.  High end.

Amazing!