Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another lottery thread - family?

I played the past 2 weeks, I am NOT playing for this Wednesday (and never played before, to me its a waste of money). My husband will be in a pool at work though..

However, since you asked,lol.. had I won the past 2 weeks, I would have given money to my 2 children and 3 grandchildren, and my brother. (and more than likely my husbands immediate family!).

(My parents are deceased and so are all my aunts, uncles, and 3 of my cousins. I would have considered giving some to my cousins that I am in contact with regularly and close to)

But really, I would have given a lot to charity too. I mean who needs this large amount of money? Not me, after having some for my husband and I of course I would share it and help others!

And I actually told  my husband that large amount of money would make me nervous to have. And to that he said are you kidding me? (lol). NO Im not kidding. Money is the root of all evil and I have no desire to be a millionaire or billionaire. Laugh if you want, thats how I feel! To me family is number one among other things. Money/status is last.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Re: Another lottery thread - family?

I'm married but have no children and only one sister.  My parents are both deceased as are my husband's parents.  I have one sister, he has a brother and sister.  Those are who I would consider giving a small amount to.  I would pay off their homes and buy them new vehicles.  I also have one cousin who is like a brother to me.  I would pay off his home and buy him the land he wants to build a home.  He does well financially.

Everyone else is on their own.