Honored Contributor

Re: Another death in the D. R.

No one knows if this was a normal death or not. She had the same symptoms as all of the other people that  died ,and were pronounced a heart attack victim

Convenient  for them,she already had renal disease, so, that was what killed her..yeah right..just like the poor woman that was raped and beaten , only had some facial bruises, and a broken fingernail according to them

I wouldn't give 2 cents for any diagnoses that come from this bunch

Respected Contributor

When the couple died of the same thing the red flag went up for me. A serious investigation needs to be happening. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In the end, I believe adulterated booze will be the cause of most of these deaths.   As I read someplace (here?), the all-inclusive price that many of the resorts feature opens the desire to cut corners somewhere.  Alcohol from local distilleries was an option.  Of course the owners/directors of the resorts were not looking for potentially lethal alcohol, but by accepting products that most likely had little to no oversight, lethal concoctions were sure to make their way into the hotel rooms.

Honored Contributor

It bothers me these were all US citizens. Was it just the luck of the draw ,no other foreign nationals  were stricken, or are people from the US a target?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Give the cheap stuff to the Americans and see what happens?  Could also be that because of some hostility.  We don't know -- yet.  

You are right to point this out again, cherry.  There is an inordinately high number of Americans who have died.   Really weird...  Scary weird...

(I thought I read of some foreigner(s) who died.  Did I imagine this?)

Honored Contributor

The 2 people attacked at the same resort, and beaten, were both Americans too

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

It bothers me these were all US citizens. Was it just the luck of the draw ,no other foreign nationals  were stricken, or are people from the US a target?

@cherry. Because the US makes up the biggest portion of the DR vacationers.

Honored Contributor

I'm concerned about the traceability of the alcohol suppliers.  Bet that as we sit here and type, records are being expunged all over.

Valued Contributor

It’s common sense. Out of the 6 million tourists who visit the DR every year, 3.5 of them are American, and the other 2.5 million are divided up mostly among 10 other countries. Of course more Americans are going to die. It could also be that if other tourists are dying from other countries, we aren’t hearing about it, because it’s not being reported by the American press or the press from where these people come from. People die everywhere every day, and this may not be considered news in other countries.

Honored Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

It’s common sense. Out of the 6 million tourists who visit the DR every year, 3.5 of them are American, and the other 2.5 million are divided up mostly among 10 other countries. Of course more Americans are going to die. It could also be that if other tourists are dying from other countries, we aren’t hearing about it, because it’s not being reported by the American press or the press from where these people come from. People die everywhere every day, and this may not be considered news in other countries.

ITA, @MaryLamb. But apparently we are going to report every death from hereon, regardless of circumstance.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland