Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another day, another mass shooting

We've always had gun violence but it was mainly in certain neighborhoods. With the advent of militias, more hate groups and anti-government types it's made it's way into more neighborhoods. Add political discontent, drugs, mental health issues, the celebration of the gun culture, police brutality, racial problems and the list goes on, lax regulation, violent behavior. Then you have a recipe for what we have now.

Add the big $$$ our state and national legislators receive and it's a no-brainer why this is happening.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@goldensrbest

Word for word, what exactly would that law have to say? What would it require me, a law abiding citizen, have to do/pass to be able to protect myself and my wife. Also, would it cost me in dollars?

hckynut(john)

We only want tougher laws, i think saving lives, sure beatsall these killings, as far as i am concerned you and others can give,to save lives

@goldensrbest

I understand you want tougher laws, but what would such laws have to have written in them that you believe would save innocent lives?

I am as concerned as you are with these senseless killings.I just want someone that is against law abiding citizens, that so choose, to be able to protect themselves and their families, with tougher laws, to spell out what those laws would have to contain to satisfy them?

For me to be able to protect myself/my wife and my property, I have said here how much it cost me in dollars/time and skill to be able to do so. If I felt there was a law that could be written and passed, that would help prevent these senseless killings, I would be all in favor of it.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@Sahmlam

Just interested in the state in which you live? If you do not care to disclose that here, I certainly understand. I live in Nebraska and our laws for obtaining a CCW are much different than the things you listed. It is much harder in your state.

Just a comment and a question which interests me.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn  Smiley Happy

One of the following:

CA

MD

MA

CT

NJ

All have these requirements. I am licensed to own; to carry open and carry concealed (even though my state does not recognize the latter 2).

Honored Contributor

I'm in GA and the only requirement for a CCW here is to pass an FBI criminal background check.

It takes about 2 weeks to get that back, then your CCW permit is issued.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Apparently this man should have never had access to the gun.  Go after who gave it to him.  Unless straw buyers are dealt with severely there are no teeth to stop this.

Respected Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
We've always had gun violence but it was mainly in certain neighborhoods. With the advent of militias, more hate groups and anti-government types it's made it's way into more neighborhoods. Add political discontent, drugs, mental health issues, the celebration of the gun culture, police brutality, racial problems and the list goes on, lax regulation, violent behavior. Then you have a recipe for what we have now.

Add the big $$$ our state and national legislators receive and it's a no-brainer why this is happening.

There are no statistics to prove this to be true.  Unless you provide them is is rubbish.

Valued Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:

There are no statistics to prove this to be true.  Unless you provide them is is rubbish.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brian-levin-jd/hate-groups-splc_b_1331318.html

Statistics from the Southern Poverty Law Center

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.
Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Very sad. 

Anyone see any reports about the shooter, who it is, ans what his/her issues were?

Is this the one where he got a restraining order against him? Or is this the Uber driver one?

Respected Contributor

@Maudelynn wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brian-levin-jd/hate-groups-splc_b_1331318.html

Statistics from the Southern Poverty Law Center

HA ha ha ha ha ha ha!  OF COURSE.  Any real statistics?