Respected Contributor

Re: Another day, another SCAM

@Imaoldhippie 

The same is true for people who haven't left their homes in weeks, but continue to use hand sanitizer throughout the day. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deeva 

Before all this started, I had never used hand sanitizer in my life.  Ever.  But, I've always washed my hands a lot.  My sister is a nurse and she impressed that upon me years ago.

However, I've recently made some for my husband to use on the job using aloe gel and alcohol.  He's a builder and cannot always find water to wash up.

I think people just hear so much and get nervous and feel the MUST use it constantly.

Esteemed Contributor

Have read many reviews about Amazon fake products - I try to avoid them now.  Picture of what you want and think you're buying........may be something unacceptable upon on delivery.  Too many fake vendors...and "A" is aware of it.  burns me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Love my grandkids 

I normally don't use them for anything other than quick wipes, so I still have some.  However, I wouldn't mind replinishing my supply.

I'll buy them locally when they start showing up again.  I just forget to look at the store on my weekly trip.

Just so much craziness going on, so I only trust places where I've shopped.

@Witchy Woman  @fthunt 

Yep, thats a good plan to get them from local trusted stores....with all the scams I wouldnt trust an unknown vendor on Amazon or Ebay either look what happened with price gouging on these sites too......

@fthunt @Trinity11 

I had a bad experience awhile back with an Amazon vendor....and a  "bait & switch" scheme....He pictures and describes named brand items and what you get is cheap knockoffs that the Dollar Store wouldnt even sell....And I complained to Amazon and the guy is still selling there to this day, my negative review was deleted, ...Woman Frustrated  thankfully I did get a refund.  And I just dont shop at Amazon anymore...couple of other incidents too---hacking of credit card (never store your credit cared on Amazon),,,,,

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman you can Google or  You Tube "homemade Clorox wipes" and will find "recipes" for them. I made them, and while not as good as the real thing, they're decent.  Just be sure you use the best paper towels such as Bounty.  Cheap one won't do.

Esteemed Contributor

I use regular plain  cheapo wipes and pour a bit of bleach into the container. (or any cleaner you prefer)

@Witchy Woman 

I live in Ft Lee and am curious about where that place is located.

Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma 

I didn't note an specific address, but I only spent a few minutes on the site.

You can check it out on line and see if they show a location.

I was looking at "contact us" I think when I saw Ft. Lee.

Likely, it does not exist!

Frequent Contributor

I have had really good luck ordering toliet paper, lysol products, paper towels, hair coloring, all the items that are out of stock in my area.  The only sites I am dealing with: Walmart.com, Amazon.com, Target.com and Walgreens.com.  I have been able to send my kids packages to Wisc. and Mich. supplies direct from Walmart. com. to their homes.  Thank you to all the truck drivers, warehouse workers, grocery workers, healthcare workers, food service workers. Stay Safe! 

Honored Contributor

I've been getting paper products and cleaning supplies directly from Target or my grocery store. 

I would be very skeptical about ordering from unknown sites

Trusted Contributor

I had the same thing on eBay. I didn't have a thermometer and couldn't find one anywhere, of course, so ended up ordering one on eBay. It specifically said shipped from California and a US product. I did further search and find that ther seller was in China.

When the product finally came, it only gave temperatures in Celcius (my error for not reading the description carefully enough), but the product didn't arrive as quickly as stated (of course not - it was shipping from China!), so always do a deeper dive on the seller on eBay. I guess you have to find out where the seller is - NOT where the product is being mailed from. I also don't think the labels on the pictures that say US Seller mean anything. I did report them to eBay but I don't think anything will be done.