Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another annoying commercial....

@Linda0215 wrote:

I was going to mentioned the poop commercial.  Cannot believe heads aren't exploding over that one 😂😂😂😂

@Linda0215 

Which one?

💩🤣

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Picturewindow wrote:

I find almost every commerical obnoxious now...but I like Walter the Cat in the truck commercial! 
The latest unnecessarily specific one is the Venus ( I think) women's shaver ad....if I am more specific will prob get poofed.....but it isn't for shaving underarms or legs, if that helps.

Commercials are the reason we have remotes an mute buttons. 

Oh, horror of horrors! They say "pubic hair" in the commercial! 😄

Do they really need to tell us that? Now your toddler can ask you "what's that"? Blech.

Respected Contributor

I am tired of all the "dancing" in commercials.  Seems like there are 1/2 dozen plus commercials with some type of dance scene with kids and adults.  I guess it appeals to families, but I find it annoying.

There is one relatively new commercial I am seeing that I will stop dead in my tracks for.  It is with the handsome young man, who is very athletic, racing and leaping and flipping thru the city streets whilst dressed in a tuxedo.  A lot of his flips are done in slow motion and his leaps are spectacular.  Not sure if its real or camera trickery, but he is handsome and I enjoy the athletic abilities if he really is doing these things.  I think the commercial is for tuxedos but who cares?  Woman Wink

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

Oh, and one more thing, whatever happened to our 'Peppermint Patty' guy?

He can annoy me anytime.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snoopp wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Picturewindow wrote:

I find almost every commerical obnoxious now...but I like Walter the Cat in the truck commercial! 
The latest unnecessarily specific one is the Venus ( I think) women's shaver ad....if I am more specific will prob get poofed.....but it isn't for shaving underarms or legs, if that helps.

Commercials are the reason we have remotes an mute buttons. 

Oh, horror of horrors! They say "pubic hair" in the commercial! 😄

Do they really need to tell us that? Now your toddler can ask you "what's that"? Blech.

And an adult can tell them.

"It's hair that grows in your private area when you go through puberty."

How difficult is that?

Oh, the horrors!😄

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I record most shows so I can avoid as many commercials as possible.  I always stop for Walter, it's the best and puts a smile on my face.  

@mspatmac 

I LOVE Heart Walter!!!!  Such a difficult role model for my own 2 cats to live up to....😸😸😸

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Anonymous032819 

Only crude people discuss private issues publicly, and there are overwhelming numbers of crude people out and about, many in advertising.

Would it be an appropriate topic for discussion at a dinner party?

@occasionalrain 

👏👏👏 👍👍👍

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Any and all car commercials.

Honored Contributor

I thought you guys considered it important to hear from all sides of every topic. Crude people buy things too. So they get their own targeted advertisements.

I bet crude people have considered our commercials to be too boring and uptight for years as they suffered through all the euphemisms and innuendos. Shoe's just on the other foot now I guess.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@sarahpanda wrote:

There is the most disgusting commercial for 'DIFFERIN', it's a cream for acne and it shows one woman squeezing the whitehead on another woman's face and the 'reside' squirting out.  I mean, really?  I have to turn away - Who thinks up these things !! ugh

No. Wrong. You do not see "residue squirting out".

They don't show the "residue" at all.

They show Old Faithful erupting, a rocket going off, a champagne cork being popped, a flame thrower being used.

But not once do they ever show the residue.

Don't believe me?

Here's the commercial.

See for yourself, and you'll see that I'm right.

Not once does it show the "residue".

https://youtu.be/ioNyGJsMCYE 

@Anonymous032819  Does it really matter?  It's still super gross.

@mistriTsquirrel  It must matter to her. She has "corrected" more than one poster on this thread with explanations and links...........what is she 10 years old?  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!