Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another annoying commercial....

@Picturewindow wrote:

I find almost every commerical obnoxious now...but I like Walter the Cat in the truck commercial! 
The latest unnecessarily specific one is the Venus ( I think) women's shaver ad....if I am more specific will prob get poofed.....but it isn't for shaving underarms or legs, if that helps.

Commercials are the reason we have remotes an mute buttons. 

Oh, horror of horrors! They say "pubic hair" in the commercial! 😄

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

I could go on for hours..Here's just a few:

The screaming Geckko..:" I have a flat tire"

Shingles Vaccine,Hanes men's  undershorts"with separation!",Women's personal care products. Don't remember the product..family dinner..and the obnoxious 

girl saying " fine we'll sleep here".If I would have said that at my parent's table..a flying hand would have hit my face!

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

Only crude people discuss private issues publicly, and there are overwhelming numbers of crude people out and about, many in advertising.

Would it be an appropriate topic for discussion at a dinner party?

Esteemed Contributor

I can't stand the woman who dances and sings about finding a "birth control with no hormones".....the jingle is annoying and the young woman and other dancers are equally annoying! My hubby can't stand the Medicare commercials with Joe and Jimmy (the dynomite guy).....the channel gets changed as soon as these ads come on.

Actually, I'm so sick of all the drug commercials!

Honored Contributor

For some reason I'm not crazy about the ostrich on a treadmill.   

I don't know if it is trick photography (film-wise), but the ostrich seems to be running way too fast for it's own good.

Don't know if they tied it to the treadmill, as I doubt that it's trained.  But, what do I know.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

For some reason I'm not crazy about the ostrich on a treadmill.   

I don't know if it is trick photography (film-wise), but the ostrich seems to be running way too fast for it's own good.

Don't know if they tied it to the treadmill, as I doubt that it's trained.  But, what do I know.

Emu. Not ostrich. Emu.

This is an ostrich

DCTM_Penguin_UK_DK_AL520967_o5r5lz.jpg

And this is an emu

1200px-Emu_1_-_Tidbinbilla.jpg

See the difference?

His name is Limu the Emu.

Notice how it rhymes?

Limu the ostrich doesn't rhyme.

He is named Limu because "Li" is the first two letters in Liberty and "Mu" is the first two letters of the word Mutual.

LiMu.

Respected Contributor

I think I am the only person who likes Limu the Emu.  My husband and I always get a kick out of the one where he is at the cook-out and Doug asks him if he wants a hot dog or chicken and he squawks when chicken is mentioned. 

I do like the one where he is on the treadmill although I know it's not a real emu.  I think it's funny when Doug asks him who's got the bird legs now.  

It's really amazing what they can do with the computer graphics on commercials.  

The one animal commercial that I liked and they only did one or two of them was the one with the raccoons.  I was sorry to see only a few of them because I thought they were so funny.  

Esteemed Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

I think I am the only person who likes Limu the Emu.  My husband and I always get a kick out of the one where he is at the cook-out and Doug asks him if he wants a hot dog or chicken and he squawks when chicken is mentioned. 

I do like the one where he is on the treadmill although I know it's not a real emu.  I think it's funny when Doug asks him who's got the bird legs now.  

The one animal commercial that I liked and they only did one or two of them was the one with the raccoons.  I was sorry to see only a few of them because I thought they were so funny.  

You mean the talking raccoons commercial for GEICO?

https://youtu.be/BD5ha9mENzw 

https://youtu.be/F0d-sH7INsE 

https://youtu.be/XbqHdpQmo5g 

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@J Town Girl wrote:

You mean the talking raccoons commercial for GEICO?

https://youtu.be/BD5ha9mENzw 

https://youtu.be/F0d-sH7INsE 

https://youtu.be/XbqHdpQmo5g 

Yes, those were the ones.  Thanks so much for posting the links. I'll have to go back and watch them.  

For some reason, those raccoons just cracked me up.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom    I think it's funny.  I've seen much worse.  Some people complain about EVERY THING!!!