Respected Contributor

Re: Another annoying commercial....

@agb80 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@agb80 wrote:

The commercial I really dislike is the talking dog...so stupid. 

@agb80 

I love donga Orkin....if that's the one you are referring to.  The German Sheppard is so happy the Orkin lady is there to find the "pests."  I crack up every time I see that commercial.

@gertrudecloset no, it's the talking pug for an itch medication. 

Itch medication.  We get one where there are two scroungy looking dogs and one is scratching like crazy, the other is hiding its face.  Then one is bouncing around like it hit the lottery.  THAT one makes the condom one look like a million dollar epic!!!!!  LOL!!!!

Respected Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I haven't seen this one but I'd probably love it.  

This commercial has been out quite awhile but it's the lady with the horrible (IMHO) airy voice for Almond Breeze....a non-dairy milk.  It's like nails on a chalkboard and I will reach for the remote if it comes on.

This reminds me of the hempvana one where they sing a jingle to the happy birthday song, if that makes any sense....that one, I reach for the remote and after hitting mute I pitch it at the wall.....LOL!!!!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's supposed to be funny and its supposed to grab viewer's attention.  Seens like it succeeded at both.  And there's nothing wrong with condoms.  They aren't something to be ashamed or afraid of.  Next time mute the commercial.

Lighten' up Frances!   Come on, laugh!  XO

Respected Contributor

@Tchr58 wrote:

The ones that annoy me the most are the Kraft cheese commercials where the mother is chasing her child around the house begging her to have one  more bite. And the other one where the children say they won't finish dinner and will sleep at the table. Both show the mother opening the shredded cheese and making something else for the little darlings to eat. All I can say is that'd be the day both as a child and a mom. If I didn't like what was served I ate it or went hungry. Same for when I was a mom. 

OH I CANNOT STAND THAT ONE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonderful thread.  I laughed my head off!!!!  XXXXXOOOO

Respected Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

I like that commercial.  I'm not a fan of liberty mutual commercials, especially limu emu.  I'm ready to move on with regard to those.  

Love the subaru dog commercial where the puppy feels bad that the cat isn't allowed in the park.

Sick of all the drug commercials. I think it's because most of those commercials make a particular drug seem so useful and then at the end they list a ton of adverse side effects.  "Do not take if you're allergic to ...(then lists the drug's ingredients)."  Duh.

THAT one, I called them out on.  That stupid emu.  WHAT does an emu have to do with insurance????  I cannot stand when they are trying to be cutesy but are just looking foolish.  THIS one gets a remote grab!!!!  Great point you have on this one though.  I did not think of it.  I never saw the animal one.  (so glad)  Yes, the drug commercials.  The pharmaceutical comanies are the richest, I guess or close to it and they are trying to convince us that if we have a headache it's because we don't take the list of meds they try to push.

Trusted Contributor

The one I've seen several times is a wife/husband in bed sleeping, the husband is freezing and turns to the wife who has an individual sleeping blanket on her, he gently pulls if off her to cover himself, she realizes it later and angrily yanks it off him, I guess this goes on throughout the night. 

The commercial is about a law firm who specializes in 'personal injury' (must be based in L.A.) ..... commercial makes it look like the wife clobbered her husband over the blanket incident, HA!

Honored Contributor

Not a big deal. There is worse in tv commercials.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Othereeeen wrote:

I fear it's only a matter of time before we see a graphic demonstration on the use of Preparation H.

In color, at dinnertime!!!

@Othereeeen 

And am waiting for the more graphic demo of Pepto Bismal taking care of diarrhea ....Pepto's little tune and dance just isn't graphic enough for today's commercials.......Pepto has a long way to go to match  the women sitting on the toilet talking about women pooping, and And the travel commercial with the couple discussing their dream vacation one is in the bath tub, the other is sitting on the toilet during the discussion....Toilets seem to be a popular locale for commercials........SMH!!!   What happened to the actual funny, cute, and clever commercials that used to grace the airwaves ---now its much like today's sitcoms----UNFUNNY and are either nothing but juvenile bathroom "humor" or take the risque, and raunchy route which is equally UNFUNNY ....Woman Frustrated..

I DO love the Subaru animal commercials!!! They maintian the high standard of being funny, cute and clever...HeartHeartHeart

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kalli wrote:

I like that commercial.  I'm not a fan of liberty mutual commercials, especially limu emu.  I'm ready to move on with regard to those.  

Love the subaru dog commercial where the puppy feels bad that the cat isn't allowed in the park.

Sick of all the drug commercials. I think it's because most of those commercials make a particular drug seem so useful and then at the end they list a ton of adverse side effects.  "Do not take if you're allergic to ...(then lists the drug's ingredients)."  Duh.

@Kalli 

And despite all the warnings and side effects...these are followed by all the lawyer commercials offering to represent the prescription user in a lawsuit due to adverse health results caused by the drugs...SMH!!! Only the U.S. and New Zealand allow these pharmacuetical commercials....to me that says it all..... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I haven't seen this one but I'd probably love it.  

This commercial has been out quite awhile but it's the lady with the horrible (IMHO) airy voice for Almond Breeze....a non-dairy milk.  It's like nails on a chalkboard and I will reach for the remote if it comes on.

AND the Folgers coffee woman that screams the jingle, not singing!  Loud and obnoxious!