Honored Contributor

Another adorable "baby"-Meet Rockefeller, tiny owl

PHOTO: Rockefeller, a northern saw-whet owl, is pictured after being found and rescued in a Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center, in New York, Nov. 16, 2020."A tiny owl is recovering after it was found tucked away in the branches of Rockefeller Center's Christmas tree in New York City."-ABC news

Is he cute or what?!

He probably thought this Christmas tree chosen for the Rockefeller Center was the nicest he could find.

He is recovering with lots of loving care at the Ravensbeard Wildlife Center.

And they named him Rockefeller of courseSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another adorable "baby"-Meet Rockefeller, tiny owl

Adorable!  But on the Today Show they said that he is not actually a baby, just a small variety of owl.  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags -Yes, he is not really a baby but an adult "petite saw-whet owl."

I've never heard of them. They sure are cute!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

How cute is he.  Poor little thing was in the tree for a long time before he was spotted.

Honored Contributor

I want Rockefeller and Maise!! 🐵🦉So cute 💕

Honored Contributor

What a cute baby!  I know - he's not a baby but, hey, my 23 year old bird and 10 year old dog are my babies.

I'm just so glad that he's safe and taken care of and hope that he will be back where he can live his life freely.  If not, I know there will be humans who will love him and keep him safe and happy.  Smiley Happy

I wish I could hug him.  But then I always want to hug the birdies outside, the squirrels, and even the tiny little mousies who I also love.

Respected Contributor

Such a cutie!

I love this story!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

I like “ Rocky” as a nickname. He is so cute and I am so glad he wasn’t injured.
Honored Contributor

You can come to my yard and hug all the squirrels you like....and please take some of them back with you! They drive me crazy.
Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

Thank you for sharing this photo!

I hope Rocky gets to go back to the wilds, and lives a safe, happy,

undisturbed life.   

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras