Respected Contributor

Re: Another Soldier's Death Reported at Fort Hood, Texas

I think the concern is the manner of death of some of the soldiers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As for re-naming the post, give them time. I'm sure it's on the list. Besides, coming up with so many replacement names that tick off all the proper and correct boxes is probably becoming a challenge... And to think, US historians scoffed when others re-wrote history... Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

They really need to rename that fort. In today's day and age, there's no reason to leave it with that kind of name.

@Porcelain 

"day and age"?  Why change the name and what has the 3 words above have to do with a Military Base?

Anyone that reads or listens to the news, knows that population grew, in 1 week, over 4,000 residents(?).

hckynut 

@hckynut   It is named after a Confederate General.  

This is on a list that C-on-gress is already studying.

There is a movement to rename after the first Hispanic to achieve the rank of 4-star General - Gen. Richard Cavazos.

This is not an original idea and the report for this particular location has already been submitted.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

As for the re-naming, give them time. I'm sure it's on the list. And to think US historians scoffed when others re-wrote history... Smiley Wink

@stevieb   It is on a list and a report has already been submitted this October.

This is not a new idea about this location so..............just sayin'. 

Not to you.

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

I think the concern is the manner of death of some of the soldiers.

@granddi   Agree.  There is a People First Center to addres the concerns of se*xual assault and suicidal ideation for military personnel.

I feel for this latest tragedy and the loved ones he left behind.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is no good reason that I know of to change the name. . Congress doesn't seem to have enough to do. If you look hard enough, you can make a case to change the name of literally every city, state, county, street name, building name, school, etc. I would get poofed if were allowed to state my real opinion of name-changing. I have to leave it at that. I had an uncle who was a doctor at Ft Hood for many years. The murders are just terrible and I hope they can get to the bottom of what happened and the killer(s) brought to justice.