Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another Sept 11-Related Cancer Death -- When will it End?

[ Edited ]

@bikerbabe wrote:
@sidsmom
Wow.

The link to 9/11 is due to the cause of death and patient health history since 9/11 exposure to toxins and carcinogens. For example, common to develop cancers decades after exposure to the causative agent. Many responsers also developed autoimmune disorders and chronic respiratory issues.

I believe there are more rare diseases not recognized by the Zadroga health and compensation act.  Cancer appears to be the one disease with coverage.  

I want to add that everyone working in the area or living nearby would have been exposed, some having been exposed for long periods of time.  

Super Contributor

Re: Another Sept 11-Related Cancer Death -- When will it End?

@Snoopp wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
@sidsmom
Wow.

The link to 9/11 is due to the cause of death and patient health history since 9/11 exposure to toxins and carcinogens. For example, common to develop cancers decades after exposure to the causative agent. Many responsers also developed autoimmune disorders and chronic respiratory issues.

I believe there are more rare diseases not recognized by the Zadroga health and compensation act.  Cancer appears to be the one disease with coverage.  

I want to add that everyone working in the area or living nearby would have been exposed, some having been exposed for long periods of time.  

Good points @Snoopp.