Honored Contributor

Another Reminder That I'm a 'Dinosaur'

I watched the much-hyped new episode of "Saturday Night Live" last night.  Did you find it to be entertaining?  I think the host is funnier at his campaign events.   I thought maybe the young lady on stage with the vocalist was signing the lyrics to the first song to deaf viewers.    Guess I'll stick to the reruns, they make me laugh. 

Cranky, old-lady observation over.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Another Reminder That I'm a 'Dinosaur'

I intentionally did not watch.

I've enjoyed SNL since the first year they were on, but I strongly disagreed with using this "person" as guest host.  I know. I know. I am just one person making a statement, but it felt right to me not to give that "person" a minute of my valuable time.

I watched an old horror movie instead.  The giant tarantula was a welcome substitution for theSNL guest host    Woman Very Happy

~Enough is enough~
Esteemed Contributor

I watched a little bit and except for the enjoyable opening skit, which did not include the host, I found the program boring. I turned it off. I wish I could shut off you-know-who just as easily.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter

You are not alone....as you can see I just had to take a pic! I was in the kitchen and glanced over (hubby watching dvr of show!) I was what the heck is that???? Oh my I have no words!!!😳😳😳😳😳

image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I watched the much-hyped new episode of "Saturday Night Live" last night.  Did you find it to be entertaining?  I think the host is funnier at his campaign events.   I thought maybe the young lady on stage with the vocalist was signing the lyrics to the first song to deaf viewers.    Guess I'll stick to the reruns, they make me laugh. 

Cranky, old-lady observation over.  

In a TV interview this morning, he said that everything was scripted and approved by him.

Which is why it wasn't funny.

BTW - my biggest laugh was Larry David's "outburst" in response to the 5K challenge.

But no, overall it was a snoozefest.

Honored Contributor

We have been disappointed in SNL for several years now.

Trusted Contributor

We haven't enjoyed SNL for years.  Only tuned in because of "guest host."  I am also a fan of Larry David,  just love that man's humor.

Let's keep this thread about SNL and not a political debate.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Trusted Contributor

I haven't found anything funny about SNL for the past 30 years.   Nothing like the original cast members from back in the 1970's.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

I watched some of it last night but it was very "underwhelming" and not funny at all.

I chuckled at a couple of the jokes but that was about it.

I miss the good old days of SNL.

Trusted Contributor

Is Larry David on SNL now??