Honored Contributor

Re: Another Mess Created By Annabelle!

@MacDUFF  One day I'll tell you guys about 'the fire' and how we lived in a hotel for exactly 3 months!

Then another time (I've told it before) I'll tell you about the mouse/me/the cat and under the covers!

I feel like I bore all of you as it is.  I'm the only person here who goes on and on.  I always feel like people say, "Oh! No! Not more of HER stuff".  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I think that same kind of thing happens to us all, we just don't admit it that often!

Spot Shot should get the stain out of the carpet if you don't have any luck with what you have on hand. It will take some time, and I always use a clean white cotton cloth to scrub/blot it up (old white Tshirts or underwear are the best).

Now I'm hungry for spaghetti!

@Annabellethecat66****************Sweetheart, as you see this is life!  It's the moment we all roll our eyes, sigh! and deal with it!  

Congrats!  You"re Human!!!

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt----The first time I made spaghetti I kind of did the same thing ,  sink just to the left of me, colander already in sink.  Picked up boiling pot of spaghetti, turned and dumped 5 quarts of boiling down my side. OUCH, SCREAM, SCREAM, and CRYING like a banshee.  DH was in the back parking lot of apt we were in.  Several people came running, several went running to find him.  He had taken car out to test it, so not out back. Doctor rx'd ointment and I had a rough time keeping clothes away from body.

@Annabelle---SORRY for taking away from you here.  Just glad you didn't dump anything on heater, I was afraid that was where you were going with it!!!!!!!!!  A little bit of sauce is an easy fix, put a chair over.  When, if, you go in for clean-up, just be real careful and go slow and easy.  Get a pillow for your knees and have something to give you leverage to get up, like a chair.   I spent about 3yrs crawling on floor with my GKs when they started crawling, too hard to get up and down. So glad when I didn't have to be always watching them, following them to be sure they were safe.

TAKE IT EASY!!!!!!!!!!!-----tedEbear

Honored Contributor

Thanks to all of you for your posts.  I enjoyed reading all of them.  I guess we've all 'been there' at one time or another.

Like someone said, "it could always be worse".  That's like my mantra in life.  I get upset, frustrated and then move on.

My daughter says I'm a junk collector.  I said, "Just the opposite".  I always get something with the best intent of using it and then never get around to it.  That's my version of being and OPTOMIST!  Ha!

Yes, I went right back in the kitchen and loaded up with spaghetti again (but this time I put it in a bowl).  Ha!

Respected Contributor

LOL I love these stories. I'm not the only "grace"

My elderly neighbor makes THE best banana bread with buttercream. It's more like a moist banana brownie. She called me one day and said come get some. I was so excited and kiind of walking fast back home. I tripped on the top step and the banana bread landed face down on my porch. I scraped of the dirt. 

Esteemed Contributor

...I tripped on the top step and the banana bread landed face down on my porch. I scraped of the dirt.  

@nun ya

ROFLOLOLOL!  I would totally scrape the dirt off, too!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

...I tripped on the top step and the banana bread landed face down on my porch. I scraped of the dirt.  

@nun ya

ROFLOLOLOL!  I would totally scrape the dirt off, too!

I know! I can't tell you how many times I have picked up something to eat after the five-second bell!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

@MaggieMack

Five second bell??  I thought it was 10 seconds!  LOL!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Annabellethecat66@lolakimono

That story "made my day" too! Thank you for sharing it, Annabellethecat!💜

The kitty above should be your avatar, Annabellethecat! It is SO cute... Thank you for posting it Lolakimono. 

This is story is one of those that I'm sure we can ALL relate to!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️💞

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, I'm gonna get you a Tshirt that says, IF IT WEREN'T FOR BAD LUCK, I'D HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. I (knock on wood) haven't done that one, but I'm beginning to think I need to wear my apron (for a bib) more. I don't wear white to eat spaghetti anymore either. That's my sort of luck. My husband pulled out vacation pictures (on line) from the other day and pointed to a top I had on, got a close up and pointed out to me, how I had a spot on that top too. Multi color is our new friend Annabelle. But that was a good story!! Glad you're ok and didn't fall over the cat and cover him with spaghetti, he'd have been so mad and not to mention spaghetti foot prints all over your carpet. See, things aren't as bad as all that now are they? LOL. Be careful!