Baseball bats?  Nope

Hammers?  Nope

Rat Poison? Nope (to humans)

Knives? Nope.

Spears? Nope.

Cars? Nope.

Guns kill.

That is their sole purpose.

And any large non-profit (riiight) organization who support this is crazy. 

OTOH, people saying ‘guns are innocent’,

then why aren’t we having this dicussion over BULLETS?  

Bullets make those innocent guns deadly. 

Why not charge an exorbitantly high price for one bullet?

Super Contributor

Re: Another Florida Shooting

@goldensrbest  - Ummm, I was agreeing with you.  My comment was no crazier than you saying we should ban cars, airplanes, whatevah.  There are many ways to kill people.  We can't outlaw everything.  If someone wants to kill people, they will find a way.  That's the point.  Get it now?

Honored Contributor

@LolaMontez wrote:

Thank you.  The places with the strongest gun control laws have the worst gun control crimes.  I would rather be in a store with experienced conceal carry NRA member gun owners  when the lunatic fringe barges in to shoot up innocent people.

The gun laws aren't consistent from one state to the next.   Step over a state line, and things can be very different.   Just because one state has more stringent laws doesn't mean their residents won't get their weapons from other states or use other means.    I guess we can follow the money to see why this "system" has been allowed, but at any rate the gun laws are all over the place and that's why they're not protecting us and also why it's nearly impossible to enforce them.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

How to deal with disappointment in a healthy way is not being taught to our sons.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

Guns are for one use.  To kill.

Baseball bats?  Nope

Hammers?  Nope

Rat Poison? Nope (to humans)

Knives? Nope.

Spears? Nope.

Cars? Nope.

Guns kill.

That is their sole purpose.

And any large non-profit (riiight) organization who support this is crazy. 

OTOH, people saying ‘guns are innocent’,

then why aren’t we having this dicussion over BULLETS?  

Bullets make those innocent guns deadly. 

Why not charge an exorbitantly high price for one bullet?

But, WAIT!  You are proposing interfering with all the FUN things people do with guns!  Like shooting tin cans and going to the shooting range!  How dare anyone try to interfere with their hobby?  

If some people happen to die, well, that's just the price of freedom!

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@LolaMontez wrote:

Thank you.  The places with the strongest gun control laws have the worst gun control crimes.  I would rather be in a store with experienced conceal carry NRA member gun owners  when the lunatic fringe barges in to shoot up innocent people.

The gun laws aren't consistent from one state to the next.   Step over a state line, and things can be very different.   Just because one state has more stringent laws doesn't mean their residents won't get their weapons from other states or use other means.    I guess we can follow the money to see why this "system" has been allowed, but at any rate the gun laws are all over the place and that's why they're not protecting us and also why it's nearly impossible to enforce them.

I find it quite interesting that the NRA is in severe financial straits and suddenly there is federal money available to arm over 3 million teachers. Follow the money, indeed.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@LolaMontez wrote:

Does this mean you are dismissing those that open carry and/or are not NRA members? Are they incompetent or not to be trusted because they don't meet your criteria?

I don't think she meant that at all.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@LolaMontez  

You walk in, you pick out a gun, you pay for it. They do an instant check via the police. No warrants, no felony, no domestic abuse charges..you're good to go. This changed due to the Parkland shooting. NOW, it's a 3 day wait and counties have the right to extend that to 5 days. 

However:

Does your state require a license or permit to buy a gun? NO

Does your state require ANY education on gun ownership to own a gun? NO

Does your state require you to register your gun? NO

Also, you can purchase as  MANY GUNS AS YOU WISH at one time; there is NO limit.

Remember, the laws in Florida only recently changed. Prior to the Parkland shooting, Florida was on par with Delaware for gun purchase: see it buy it call the cops, BYE!

Now, if you want to discuss concealed carry and open carry, we can do that as well.

Bottom line, buying a gun in Florida is VERY easy compared to the majority of states in the US. And the fact that NO GUN EDUCATION, LICENSE, PERMIT OR REGISTRATION is required boggles the mind. But that's how it is regarding Florida and buying a gun.

Honored Contributor

I got the bullet idea from Chris Rock.

I eliminated the naughty sentence, but the idea is still there.

Kinda makes sense....

5E84BACD-69BC-4915-8BB7-98345A05EF98.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@LolaMontez  

You walk in, you pick out a gun, you pay for it. They do an instant check via the police. No warrants, no felony, no domestic abuse charges..you're good to go. This changed due to the Parkland shooting. NOW, it's a 3 day wait and counties have the right to extend that to 5 days. 

However:

Does your state require a license or permit to buy a gun? NO

Does your state require ANY education on gun ownership to own a gun? NO

Does your state require you to register your gun? NO

Also, you can purchase as  MANY GUNS AS YOU WISH at one time; there is NO limit.

Remember, the laws in Florida only recently changed. Prior to the Parkland shooting, Florida was on par with Delaware for gun purchase: see it buy it call the cops, BYE!

Now, if you want to discuss concealed carry and open carry, we can do that as well.

Bottom line, buying a gun in Florida is VERY easy compared to the majority of states in the US. And the fact that NO GUN EDUCATION, LICENSE, PERMIT OR REGISTRATION is required boggles the mind. But that's how it is regarding Florida and buying a gun.

Let's not forget the horrible stand your ground laws which allow people to shoot others they don't like and claim they felt their lives were in danger.