Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another FRIENDLY NON ARGUMENTATIVE REMINDER

I am on my hands and knees looking where mine could of dropped. At almost 81 I have never missed and most of the time sent it in. I can always walk up to a polling place. A lot of important issues here in California. Vote please. Don't let this wonderful country go down hill. My parents were born in Russia-then Canada, don't know how long and came down to Minnesota.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden

We voted early as well.  This is such an important election we felt that if we voted early it would give those that have to come after work, or even those trying to make a quick "vote run" during office hours less time to wait.   We just consider it a courtesy and it was quick and easy. 

Respected Contributor

I've just signed up to provide transportation to and from the polling places for a  few hours in the morning and afternoon. 

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Contributor

I don't know WHY people don't vote; it's been made so easy where I live that they all but take you by the hand and lead you to a post office drop box.

People have DIED for the right to vote; it's one of the most precious, fundamental rights we have. I know a lot of the youngerr generation go out and demonstrate or do whatever to suppor their candidate but if they don't actually VOTE, they can't be disappointed at the result.

If you can vote and don't, you deserve what you get.

Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

Back in the stone age when I first started voting, polling places were more conveniently located...even several blocks apart.  Anyone remember that?

Today, they've been narrowed down and placed in some inconvenient places.  No more walking to the polls and when driving, not too many parking places.  Ours is now located in a playground, uphill (difficult if one is walking) and parking is limited.  Anyone wonder why this has happened?

One word: voter suppresion.

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

I've just signed up to provide transportation to and from the polling places for a  few hours in the morning and afternoon. 

@reiki604  How nice of you!

Honored Contributor

@SweetieSugarPlum wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Back in the stone age when I first started voting, polling places were more conveniently located...even several blocks apart.  Anyone remember that?

Today, they've been narrowed down and placed in some inconvenient places.  No more walking to the polls and when driving, not too many parking places.  Ours is now located in a playground, uphill (difficult if one is walking) and parking is limited.  Anyone wonder why this has happened?

Ours are in the Ambulance core building. Luckily, easy to get to.

Esteemed Contributor

I voted by mail already.  I think I'll do it this way from now on!

Respected Contributor

@SweetieSugarPlum wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you.  However, I live in an area where voter suppression is almost non-existent.  I tend to think it was a budgetary cut.  Many small businesses and even private homes were once used as voting places, but that cost money that wasn't there any longer.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

I am thankful that our voting is all done by mail.  We didn’t even have to look around for a stamp.