Trusted Contributor

Re: Another FRIENDLY NON ARGUMENTATIVE REMINDER

I voted for the first time by mail this time and it was so simple, I don't know why I hadn't done it before! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last Thurs. morning stood in line for about 3 minutes before they opened polls with about 20 only ahead of me.  Then walked back across the street to my office and felt great for doing so.  Early voting is such a blessing for all the new registered voters for next time.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I already voted.....Absentee.....  But, I got it back because I forgot to put my address on the outside.....  Have filled it in and it is waiting for the postal employee to pick it up today.  It better get there in time to be counted.  

Valued Contributor

I voted last Tuesday. Had to wait in line for an hour and fifteen minutes. Nice to see such good turnouts.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Today is the last day in most states to register to vote on November 6!!! So  sign up and vote on the issues where you live. 

If you are  registered to vote...

DO NOT FORGET TO  VOTE!!!!

It is so important to let your  voice be heard    and shape  the future of our great country. 

images.png

Thank you I was just going to start a thread about voting.  I was going to word it similar to yoursSmiley Happy  We have early voting in my state so I am voting today.  I have a feeling more people are voting this midterm and I wanted to do it early.  I love wearing my I voted sticker.

Honored Contributor

I just got home from voting today.  It was so crowded earlier this morning that I couldn’t find a parking spot, so I waited a couple of hours and there was no line at all.  In and out in about five minutes.  

I really prefer the open early voting available nowadays.  It’s much more convenient than one day only like it used to be.  Although I have to say, I always caught up with neighbors while standing in those lines!😄

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Same here, geezerette.  Voting offered a time to run into and catch up with neighbors who live very far down the street or the parents of children my children knew from school.

As I've aged, this is not the case any longer.  Many of these families have retired and moved elsewhere.  It is a rare occasion for me these days to run into anyone I know.   This does sadden me.

ETA:  However, I do have days when I am "discovered" in my local grocery store by former neighbors and children whom I once taught.  The moment is delicious when I see a 20-something who asks if I remember her.  

Honored Contributor

signed,sealed & delivered.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Early voting is going on this week in most states; we voted last Monday on the first day early voting opened. We had to wait in line an hour, but so glad to have voted already. Whatever your views...please take time to vote!

Valued Contributor

voted3.jpg