Valued Contributor

Re: Another FRIENDLY NON ARGUMENTATIVE REMINDER

Ours already sent by mail.

Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SweetieSugarPlum wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Back in the stone age when I first started voting, polling places were more conveniently located...even several blocks apart.  Anyone remember that?

Today, they've been narrowed down and placed in some inconvenient places.  No more walking to the polls and when driving, not too many parking places.  Ours is now located in a playground, uphill (difficult if one is walking) and parking is limited.  Anyone wonder why this has happened?

One word: voter suppresion.

Ours are in the Ambulance core building. Luckily, easy to get to.

And if you keel over, they're right there to prop you up Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@SweetieSugarPlum wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SweetieSugarPlum wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Back in the stone age when I first started voting, polling places were more conveniently located...even several blocks apart.  Anyone remember that?

Today, they've been narrowed down and placed in some inconvenient places.  No more walking to the polls and when driving, not too many parking places.  Ours is now located in a playground, uphill (difficult if one is walking) and parking is limited.  Anyone wonder why this has happened?

One word: voter suppresion.

Ours are in the Ambulance core building. Luckily, easy to get to.

And if you keel over, they're right there to prop you up Smiley LOL

I voted Monday..  Seems to be many 18 year old voters.  First time voters get a certificate,  Really nice.  I don't remember anything like that back in the day when I first voted.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I already voted.  I mailed my ballot in last Thursday.  Smiley Happy

I did too.

Honored Contributor

We voted on the first day of early voting. Had to wait in line an hour...glad to see so many people exercising their right to vote.
Super Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

I voted last Monday, first day of early voting.  I always find it a great privilege to exercise the franchise.  I don't do mail-ins b/c I don't quite trust them as I do a paper ballot that is scanned.  The wait was over an hour and I also enjoyed friendly interactions with my fellow line-waiters.  Nothing political, of course--just conversation about what people do and how they feel about our town right now, which is in the middle of a growth spurt that has the normal patterns all upended.

@Burnsite

It is a great privilege.. Many moons ago, in my very early twenties; my company gave us Election Day off.. It was a big shopping day; of course, I didn't want to miss any sales;  but, then I thought of what the many, many women suffered to get the right for women to vote.. What that thought in mind, I voted early in the morning & then went shopping.. I owed it to the women, of many decades ago, who fought for this right for me..

I'm glad you mentioned about the mail in ballot.. I live on the east coast & I don't care how long the wait, I still feel confident about having my ballot scanned.. I have concerns about a mail in ballot.. As with lots of mail; they can get lost!!.. 

I'm voting on Tuesday & always think & thank those women who fought for a women's right to vote.. I owe it to them..