Respected Contributor

Another Coronavirus Death in Sacramento County

A woman in her 90s in a care facility died today from Coronavirus. I live in Sacramento County, there have been 11 confirmed cases and one death. It is scary for me and my 93 year old father. He lives in his home nearby. He tried to get an answer from his doctor for two days regarding if he should keep two medical appointments he has scheduled. He never got a call back. I went to my bowling league last night but my team decided not to high five but do air high fives instead. One woman on another team volunteered that we were just " letting the media" scare us. I told her I was making the decision to protect myself and my father. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Another Coronavirus Death in Sacramento County

@chessylady wrote:

A woman in her 90s in a care facility died today from Coronavirus. I live in Sacramento County, there have been 11 confirmed cases and one death. It is scary for me and my 93 year old father. He lives in his home nearby. He tried to get an answer from his doctor for two days regarding if he should keep two medical appointments he has scheduled. He never got a call back. I went to my bowling league last night but my team decided not to high five but do air high fives instead. One woman on another team volunteered that we were just " letting the media" scare us. I told her I was making the decision to protect myself and my father. 

If your father thinks the appointments can wait then maybe he should cancel.If the appointments could be held online that would solve a problem.

Trusted Contributor

My husband has health issues and if he can't get to the doctor, a nurse will come to our house.

Esteemed Contributor

We have phone appts at our HMO.  I am 84 and need to go to DMV for D/L test, and scared.  I have no one to help if I have no car.  I am not sick or feeble and mentally and physically in good health.

I have been very cautious when I had to finally go to store.  I wear gloves, and hand sanitizer to wipe cart and use ATM.  Wash clothes I wore to store and spray inside of car.  When I walk dog,  I have always taken off shoes inside house and wash dogs paws.  

my fear is DMV.  after age 70 you can no longer take test online.  I am going to call to see if they are making exceptions now.