Valued Contributor

Another Back Order

[ Edited ]

It took me several attempts to order a Valerie Parr item. I finally got it.

I checked on it this morning and now it's on backorder. What is going on with her items. I never got the starry night lanterns and I placed early in the morning. Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

@Bella2022    It's not that they sold out, but backorder usually means it has not yet arrived in the warehouse.  These items were ordered months ago to arrive by a certain date but there are still manufacturing and shipping delays.  Its undoubtedly hard to hit an exact target date.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have an AD order that is on backorder at this point (has been weeks) and it's kind of annoying because why commit to auto-deliveries if you don't plan ahead.

OTOH, perhaps they don't have any control from the vendor end so I guess I get that.

Honored Contributor

I ordered a VPH pumpkin with a check while I checked out our craft store.

I came home changed the check to debit card, it had been sold out from under me apparently!!!  Now back ordered!!!

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Bella2022    It's not that they sold out, but backorder usually means it has not yet arrived in the warehouse.  These items were ordered months ago to arrive by a certain date but there are still manufacturing and shipping delays.  Its undoubtedly hard to hit an exact target date.

Just like the starry night lanterns, I'm sorry I don't agree, imo.

New Contributor
I don’t believe it’s just her items. I ordered the Lock n Lock TSV last week, after days of showing “preparing to ship” last night I checked and it said “advance order”. Apparently they didn’t have it in stock like they claimed during the presentation. I had also ordered a set of 3 small lanterns with candles that also apparently wasn’t in stock as claimed, they’re back ordered now. I know it’s not necessarily the Q’s fault if something is delayed but just wish they would stop saying items are in stock if they really aren’t.
Honored Contributor

Re: Another Back Order

[ Edited ]

I ordered a QF cute shirt on 9/3/22....it just shipped on 9/30....almost a month.....And it was NOT on advance order back order either. Oh well, its for Thanksgiving so I wasnt in a hurry anyway......But if this had been needed for Halloween it would have been cutting it close if USPS Mail Innovations was involved, since it usually sits at their  Carrollton, TX Regional Office for a week before moving towards my delivery location which takes another 10 to 14 days....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Occasional Contributor

When I ordered my lug bag back on 8/17 it was in stock the next day it was on backorder.  I'm still waiting to this date!  frustrating!!

Esteemed Contributor

Well...sometimes backorder is a blessing because you can cancel...

I oredered Valeries set of three Cypress trees with the jingle belll

H231503 last Sunday during her presentation of them

2 days later I got the backorder notification.....I was kind of miffed since they were still listed as IN STOCK when I looked them up.

I happened to notice though that the reviews were awful mentioning the branches breaking off and a horrible chemical smell. I just went ahead and cancelled mine...thinking I saved myself having to return them...

Regular Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Well...sometimes backorder is a blessing because you can cancel...

I oredered Valeries set of three Cypress trees with the jingle belll

H231503 last Sunday during her presentation of them

2 days later I got the backorder notification.....I was kind of miffed since they were still listed as IN STOCK when I looked them up.

I happened to notice though that the reviews were awful mentioning the branches breaking off and a horrible chemical smell. I just went ahead and cancelled mine...thinking I saved myself having to return them...

Good points @Nataliesgramma.